Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Sayings of My Children

Just a snippet of the fun things I hear daily-

Me: how did share day go?
M: good!
Me: did anyone have questions or comments?
M: yeah! Lots of them!
Me: what did they ask?
M: why does Rufus have type 1 diabetes?  (side note: Rufus is a teddy bear especially made for those with Type One Diabetes)
Me: and what did you say?
M: because he's like me! (Looks to me for approval)
Me: (nods head when I really want to cry) that's right, sweet boy. I love you.
M: love you too. 

Michael in Walgreens, notices diabetes supplies. Eagerly says "look! Those things take care of me!"

Michael gets to bring a toy or a stuffed animal every Wednesday to school for his "share day."  He presents his item to the class and then asks for questions or comments, which he's deemed "questions and comics."

Me: What's the difference between a question and a comment?
Michael: Well, I brought my lion today. So a question is, why does he have lots of hair? And a comic is, I like it!

Michael: What's that day in November where we get to eat all the food?
Me: Thanksgiving?
Michael: Yeah. 

Me: And we might get to go visit Grampa Bill's mom Grandma Gallahair.
Michael: She has the same name as Gigi. Gigi Gallahair Petersen!

Michael: what is 2 by 3?
Me: 2 by 3 also means 2 times 3. (Holds up 3 fingers on both hands) so it's 3 two times.  
Noah: I can spell that! 123456!

(Watching Elf)
Noah: look! The American flag!
Me: yeah!
Noah: we love America!

Michael: Where did you and Daddy meet? 
Me: We met at church. 
Michael: So you went to the same church? 
Me: Yes. And Daddy lived at Grandma Chips' house, so I would get to see him when I came home to visit my mom and dad. 
Michael: That is so impossibly cute!

Noah: mom, I love you more than a school bus with a white roof!

Playing with the toy nativity. 
Noah: look! Someone stole a candy cane! (Speaking of the shepherd & staff with How the Grinch stole Christmas on the brain) 

Noah: missed me, missed me. Now you have to kiss me. I don't even know what that MEANS!

M: mom, I love you and games no matter what.



I'll continue to keep notes on these things in my phone for upcoming posts!

Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba


1 comment: