Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Snow Day

Today, we are expecting an inch or so of snow which means that the school buses cannot safely get students home, so we are having a snow day!  Michael is obviously excited about it and I was pretty happy not to have to set an alarm!  Aaron has to travel pretty far to his office and has to cross a lot of bridges to get there, so he's staying home too for safety reasons.  He learned how to drive in Washington state, so driving in snow and ice isn't a problem for him but it's a problem for several of the locals down here who don't get very much practice driving in the snow and ice.  It's better to stay home and off the roads out of precautionary measures for the driving skills of others out on the roadways.

So we will be cozied up inside and hopefully getting the chance to build a snowman or make some snow angels later on!

I was semi-motivated to get some school work done last night, but instead barely did any school work and watched Project Runway instead.  Oh well.  I guess it's okay to take a mental break every now and then.

I will get some school work done today during the day.  I promise.

Maybe I'll try to do something fun like take pictures for a Day in the Life post or something.  I always enjoy those but hardly think about doing them for myself.

I'll drop a few recent pictures here to round out this little post of random snow day tidbits.

Wearing a hand-towel skirt.  She LOVES dressing up and I find this so fun!


Showing me his best pirate face with his hooded towel:


I called her LLCoolJ for her wacky pig-tails, which she was in process of tearing out.  She absolutely HATES having things in her hair, but her hair gets into her eyes.  It'll either be time for some baby bangs or better hair ties.


I call this one "The Great Migration."  At night when Avery gets super tired-silly, she'll start crawling.  Her brothers decided to join her which made for lots of laughs and giggles.


This was taken a few days after Christmas when we made "Ninjabread Men" from a cookie kit.


Noah posing at the silly mirror in Target.  It was Michael's idea for him to take a "pre-birthday photo" here. I can't believe he's already five!  I'll do a little update soon on his birthday party and current obsessions.


Playing with Grandpa R on the swingset one day before coming home.


Avery can get onto the furniture all on her own and for about a week she'd run from one end of the couch to the other-- caring not for gravity and such.  However, if Michael sat beside her on the couch, she would stay still and watch shows with him.  Michael's facial expression here is so great and is such a good representation of his normal facial expressions (not often caught on camera), so I had to keep this photo even though it shows the impatience of a toddler during photo time.



Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment