Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

2 Months

Today Michael is 2 Months Old!  Can you believe it?  I look back at all the pictures that I've taken of him since he was first born, and I'm amazed at how much he has changed in this short amount of time. Since I see him everyday, it's hard to catch the changes right when they happen.  My "tiny" baby is already growing up so fast!

Michael is discovering his feet, hands, and voice.  He can stare at his feet for long stretches of time.  Yesterday, he would stare at his feet and then wiggle his toes.  He is still obsessed with sticking out his tongue and putting his hands in his mouth.  I've had to put the "baby gloves" on his hands at nighttime so he doesn't scratch his face in his sleep.  This morning, he started making different pitch coos and cries.  He was testing out his new skill:  using his voice! 

On Wednesday, Michael will have his 2-month check-up.  I am anxious to find out how much he weighs and how tall he is.  Last month, he weighed 11lbs, 2oz and was 22 inches long.  I think this month we will see a bigger height difference, and as for weight.... I think he weighs around 15lbs.

In the afternoons when Aaron and I get home, we like to have family cuddle time.  We also use this time to teach Michael some fun skills, as shown here:

 
Michael is working on his xbox skills.

It's so fun to hold a cuddly baby, and this is just what Michael is in the afternoons:

 
Cuddling with Mommy
 


 
Cuddle time with Daddy.
 
 
 
Yesterday morning, we had a good stretch of family time in our room before we officially started our day.  We hung out in PJs and let Michael have some Mommy & Daddy cuddle time.  This was his expression after Aaron blew a raspberry on his cheek:

 
 
We took a little trip to Academy Sports and Michael napped nearly the whole time.  He woke up briefly, contemplated whether or not he should suck on his pacifier, and then went back to sleep.  He likes to be in motion.  This is him during his nap in the store:

 
 
In the afternoon, Michael, Nana, and I went to Spinner's Park Pumpkin Patch craft festival.  It was SOOO windy, but Michael was bundled up very well.  He was very content as I pushed him in his stroller.  Once again, he napped nearly the whole time.  He got lots of comments on his cool hat and quilt. (The hat is courtesy of his cousins, and the quilt was hand-made by his GG).

 
 
Last night was the Fall Festival at church.  Here is Michael at home, getting ready to go.  He was a Baby Tiger and he even won the door prize for the Costume Contest! 

 
 
This morning, Michael and I relaxed while Dad went to church for drum practice.  I told Michael he was 2 months old and this was his response:



Aaron and I are so very blessed to have such a sweet, sweet baby!  God has shown his favor immensely to our family and we are very grateful.  I can't even remember life without our little one.  And with a cute face like this, who could imagine life without him?



Thank-you for your continued prayers!  We are doing well adapting to our daily routines and we appreciate all of the prayers that get us through!  Until next week!  Much love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment