Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, November 14, 2014

World Diabetes Day

Today, November 14th, is World Diabetes Day!

We are clad in our blue today in support of Michael and in support of others living with the different types of diabetes.  Type 1 Day was November 1st, but today is a day set aside to support those who deal with all types of diabetes. 

Blue fingernails and the pre-breakfast blood sugar reading:

Mommy and Noah wearing blue!


Mr. Michael sporting his blue shirt, blue pants, blue socks, and blue Medical Alert bracelet.


Crazy hair don't care  :)  





So, for all of the heartache and worry that Type 1 Diabetes causes, it is nice to have a month set aside where people can band together to show support for one another.  And it may only be this one day that some people think about diabetes, but it makes a difference to all who are affected by this disease.  Just knowing that I can wear blue and show support for my son outwardly to a degree where someone might ask me why I'm monochromatic today, makes a difference to this momma whose oldest son otherwise deals with an invisible disease.  Today, it is visible.  It is blue.  It is making people think about what this disease is and what it does.  And that makes the invisible days worth it. 

Michael's entire daycare is dressed in blue today to show support and he's only been in daycare for three weeks!  Aren't those people the best?  We are blessed.


Until next time,

Much love, Reba





No comments:

Post a Comment