Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, May 1, 2015

Turning 27

Last weekend, I turned 27 years old.  I remember as a girl, probably my fourth or fifth grade year,  choosing a favorite number was the "in" thing.  My friends and I all chose our favorite one-digit number and our favorite two-digit number.  I can't even remember what my favorite one-digit number was, but I vividly remember deciding that 27 was my favorite two-digit number, and I've stuck with it ever since.

My birthday is on the 25th and I remember, during this obviously pivotal year in my life, that I would at least have two great years in my twenties.  One of those years would be when I turned "25 on the 25th," and the other would be when I turned 27, because how can a year go wrong when you're actually your favorite number?!?   This might sound silly, I know, but I've chosen to abide by it.

My 25th year was pretty great.  I expect equally as great a year for 27. 

In honor of turning 27, I figured I'd jot down 27 random things about myself.

1. I like my hair to be long more than I enjoy it being short.  As soon as I cut my hair (aside from one time I can remember), I have instantly regretted it and wished that I could return to long locks.
2. I wear very little make-up, which has led to people continually thinking I'm twelve.
3. I married my best friend on October 3, 2009 and I'm overjoyed everyday to be married to him.
4. I have two sons, which is not at all what I imagined when I was a little girl playing with dolls, but I couldn't imagine anything different now. :)
5. When I go to a steakhouse, I order chicken.  My husband and my dad are phenomenal steak-grillers and I just can't bring myself to pay $15.00 for a steak that I could eat at home for cheaper and that tastes better.
6. I would love to have a home with a two-car garage some day because I severely dislike having to scrape my windshield in the winter!  Also because I want a safe place to load my children up in the car.
7. I chose to have an epidural during both of my deliveries.  The epidural worked when I delivered Michael.  The epidural did not work when I delivered Noah.  I wouldn't have had it any other way.  God always has a plan.
8. One of my pet peeves is when people walk without looking where they are going.
9. Another pet peeve is when people misspell my last name because they assume we spell it in the typical way.  This annoys me the most when I've either spelled it out correctly for someone, and then they misspell it, or when my identification is in front of the person and they still misspell my name.
10. Reba is my full first name, and I am named after my Nana.  My third pet peeve is actually when people call me Rebecca.  I think Rebecca is a beautiful name and I named many a doll "Rebecca" while growing up.  However, Reba is also a beautiful name, and my name is not a nickname-- Reba is my full first name.
11. My favorite color is green, but I'm oddly finding that many of my shirts, and travel mugs are hot pink.
12. I wear tinted chapstick (I love this one in Coral Crave) or lip-stain (this one in Nude Nectar ) as opposed to lip sticks.
13. One of my birthday gifts will be a trip to Atlanta this summer.  I would love to visit Coke World and the aquarium-- for the reason shown below.
14.  I am terrified of sharks, and terrified of whales, HOWEVER, I would love to see a Whale Shark, and the Atlanta Aquarium has one!
15. I'm all about finding deals. I purposely shop the Clearance racks at stores, and I have made it a personal mission to find good quality things (like my Patio furniture) for a fraction of the price of similar items.
16. I used to want to always have an action plan.  I'd constantly ask my mom "what are we going to do today?"  Now, I am much more of a home-body.  I love the relaxation that I feel while at home with family.
17. I very much admire my parents for their faith and perseverance in the church planting effort that they are doing.
18. I have never dyed my hair. 
19. I have long, natural finger nails.  I've had waitresses at Mexican restaurants grab my hands and ask if my nails are real.
20. I love being a Mommy so so so much!  Every so often, I have the thought "Wow!  We're doing this!  We are parenting!  We're actually doing it!"
21. I graduated college in three years. 
22. I am only 5' 5" tall.
23. The "Cat Who" books are my favorite series to read.
24. I do not watch Prime Time TV.   Aaron and I watch a select group of shows on the Food Network (Cutthroat Kitchen), HGTV (Fixer Upper, and Love It or List It), A&E (Duck Dynasty, and Wahlburgers), Discovery Channel (Dual Survival), History Channel (Swamp People, Vikings, Pawn Stars, and Counting Cars), MTV (Ridiculousness) and Tru TV (Impractical Jokers). 
25. I would love to be able to work at home some day.
26. I brake with my left foot.
27. My 27th birthday was one of the best I've ever had. :)


There you have it!

27 very random facts about myself. :)


Until Next Time,

Much Love,  Reba






No comments:

Post a Comment