Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Avery: 9 Months

Avery turned 9 months old on May 20th!

At her 4 month check up she weighed 13.1 pounds and was 24 inches tall.  She had her 6 month check-up in February where she weighed 15 pounds 10 ounces, and was 26 inches tall.  She is in the 50th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference.  She had her 9 month check up on May 21st and weighed 16 pounds 14 ounces and was 27 inches tall.  (A few days later, I had to take her back to the doctor for a separate issue and she weighed 17 lbs, 3 oz.)

Here she's taking all the diapers out of the bag. 



I fully understand that these moments where she falls asleep on me are precious, so I soak them in when I can get them!


Noah let her have a turn with his toy recycling can!


I brought out a full-length mirror and laid it on its side in the living room for some simple fun!  Noah might have enjoyed this more than Avery!


One day, I got to take her to Target and she got to sit in the cart like a big girl!


She loves seeing that pretty baby in the phone!


My mom gave her a baby-doll (her first one!) the other day and Avery was pretty impressed with the bottle!  (She LOVES the baby doll, and her face lights up EVERY single time she sees it!)



This one is blurry, but too cute not to share.  This is literally how she looks at her brothers every time they say "Hi baby!" when she's in her carseat.


At the beach cottage, studying the intricacies of a baby wipe.


She loves being around her brothers and is content to sit as near to them as she can.



Diapers: She is still comfortably in size 2.

Clothing: Avery is in 9 month and 12 month clothing but can still comfortably fit into 6-9 month clothing if I want her to wear a special outfit (like a star-patterned dress for Memorial Day!).  She does not have any clothing that is sized as 9-12 month, so I just choose the pieces that fit her most comfortably out of her selection of 9 month and 12 month things.  Some clothing brands run small, so she's comfortably in the 12 month sizes of those things.  Some of her 9-month clothing includes pants and our weather down here is a tad hot for wearing pants, so I typically only put the 9-month pants on her if we're going to be somewhere super air conditioned.  

Sleeping:  She's doing pretty well sleeping overnight.  She'll go down for the night around 7pm, and I'll wake her around 9 or 10pm to feed.  Sometimes, she'll go 8 hours at this point!  But that usually means she doesn't want to go back to sleep after that!  She is doing okay in the nap department.  She'll take a 30-45 minute nap in the morning, and a longer nap in the early afternoon (usually 1.5 -2 hours).  Sometimes if she's super fussy, she'll go down for a 30 minute nap before dinner.  

Feeding: She still eats baby food and fruit pieces at lunchtime.  She eats more baby food, or super soft vegetable pieces, with yogurt melts for dinner.  She loves to feed herself (not neatly, mind you!).  I usually give her a spoon and I feed her with another spoon.  Sometimes I'll spread some food out on her tray (like the baby food with food chunks), and let her touch it and play with it and possibly get some of it into her mouth.  :)  She takes 3 bottles during the daytime when she's with my mother-in-law.  The bottles are between 4 and 5 ounces.  I'm guessing she takes that much when she nurses also. 

Mobility:  She's a super fast crawler and can easily get to a sitting position in order to clap for herself. :)  She's hit-or-miss in the walker these days.  Sometimes she likes it and will chase her brothers or Akuna (our dog) until she remembers that I'm not in the walker with her-- at which point she will find me and cry until I pick her up.  Other times, she won't even let me put her in the walker.  She has her tactic down for refusing to get her legs and feet into the walker seat.  She prefers crawling and also trying to stand up.  She attempt to climb into her bouncy seat (which we still have in the living room), but she doesn't want to be in it once she crawls onto it, so she immediately fusses until we get her out of it and back on the floor.   

Habit:  She hates diaper changes and will arch her back and push backwards on the floor with her head and scoot away.  Super fun.  Not.  Her favorite activity is to pull out the DVDs from the shelf.  She always goes for the same ones-- The Good Dinosaur, Zootopia, Home Alone 1 & 2, the box set of Charlie Brown (Great Pumpkin, Thanksgiving, Christmas), How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Storybook Surprise.  I can put some of these in different locations and she'll pick this grouping each time.  She also enjoys picking up dog hair and dust from the floor and sticking it in her mouth with rapid speed, then pursing her lips so I can't stick a finger in to get the fur/dust out.  Real fun.  Again, not.  But this is the life of being a baby!

I got a few okay-quality pictures.  My phone had a very odd update where it turns some pictures very fuzzy or completely blacks them out when I attempt to view them, so I'm uploading these from my computer in hopes of getting some to come out with clarity.  









Oh, Avery, you bring such joy to everyone around you!  We love you so!


Until Next Time, 

Much love, Reba

1 comment: