Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, February 18, 2019

Valentine's Day

We keep it pretty low-key on Valentine's Day around here.  Aaron & I don't buy each other things on Valentine's Day, but we always get our kiddos something.

Here they are opening Valentine's cards from my Nana.





This year, the boys got a PAW Patrol heart filled with little heart-shaped lollipops and little heart-shaped Sweettarts, a Snoopy chocolate bar, and some Airheads.  Avery got a little brown plush puppy with a pink heart.

I bought a Valentine's outfit for Avery in the fall and she got to debut it this month!  It's a long-sleeve onesie that says "Who needs Cupid when you're this cute?" and a pair of striped pants with heart decals at the knees and a red tutu.  I tried to get some pictures of her in the outfit, and she wasn't so thrilled with having her picture made for some of these!







I teach a class on Thursday that gets out at 1:30, so I was able to make it to Michael's class party after I was finished teaching.  His class had a big snack and then the kids exchanged Valentine's cards.  He and my mother in law made his cards, and I was so happy to have her take point on this and lead the way!  His Valentine's were a hit with his classmates!  In their class, you have to provide a card for every kid, so he came home with lots of goodies.

My mother in law helped Noah and Avery make their own Valentine's.  Noah is very much into all things police, so his Valentine's cards say "You're Under Arrest for being so Sweet!" with pictures of hand cuffs and police cars.  Avery is very much into puppies, so her cards say "A pup-pup for my Valentine!" with a collage of puppy pictures.

Overall, it was a very fun, low key holiday-- our favorite kind!  Today, I am off with the kids and Avery just woke from her afternoon nap while the boys continue watching Woody Woodpecker.

Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment