Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Caitlin's Trip

In the middle of September, one of my best friends came down to visit us all the way from New Jersey!  Caitlin and I went to Auburn together and she's wanted to bring her husband to an Auburn game for quite a while now and show him that football in the South is entirely different than what's up North.

Caitlin and Vincent flew in on a Thursday evening and arrived to our house a little after 8:00pm.  I had to work the next day, but they took a day trip to Auburn so she could show him around where we lived and let him walk around campus before the big crowds on game day.

On Saturday, I coached my cheerleaders at Upwards and Noah played his game of flag football.  Then I took all three kiddos to my mother-in-law's house and Aaron and I got ready to go with Caitlin and Vincent to the game!  Vincent paid for our tickets, which was so nice!  We had awesome seats-- we purposely chose nosebleed seats so we could see the entire field.









The weather cooled off after kick-off and it was quite breezy where we ended up sitting.  It was a fantastic game.  Auburn won and Caitlin and I had such fun goofing off in the stands and reliving old memories of the fun times we had while attending Auburn.  We told lots of stories about ourselves and our other bestie, Ashley, and laughed so much it hurt.

We grabbed McDonalds at 11pm and scarfed it down in my kitchen since we were all starving.  The next day, Caitlin and Vincent joined us for church and then they had lunch out while I took my kiddos home for a nap.  They're both so awesome with kids and played "wacky Jenga" with my kids on Sunday night.


On Friday and Sunday nights after my kids went to bed, we stayed up late playing card games. It was so nice to get some adult time!

They had to leave on Monday morning shortly after I left to go to school.

It was a short, but fun visit and Aaron is excited to return the visit to them in New Jersey hopefully this upcoming year!


Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment