Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Egg Cooker Review

 For a few years now, I've been seeing blog posts about a rapid egg cooker.  I previously have brushed off the idea that this might be a useful tool and instead convinced myself that it was much better to just boil eggs on the stovetop.  Even after getting an InstaPot and an airfryer and hearing about how people use those appliances to cook eggs, I did not bother looking up how to do so myself.  My main problem with this line of thinking is that I actually do not know how to boil eggs on the stove.  Yes, my mom has told me 73 times, and I've looked up the recipe on Google about 14 times, but still... it doesn't stick and  becomes a chore to always ask or look it up.  This means that I never boil eggs in my home.  Never.  Which also means that we do not receive the benefits of the easy protein-filled snack that is the hard-boiled egg. 

Just last week, Michael asked for a hard boiled egg and I happened to be reading a blog post by someone raving about their egg cooker.  Although I thought I had looked up the price on this appliance years ago, I was shocked to see how affordable it really was!  I also did not know that it could cook poached eggs and omelets as well.  I chose the white color although it was very tempting to choose the mint shade. It arrived a couple days later and we put it right to work!  It's much smaller than I thought it would be, which is nice because it doesn't take up too much counter space and I'll be able to store it in the cabinets without rearranging too many things around it.  Right now, we've used it at least once a day, so I've kept it on my counter. 

It's quite compact and comes with all the pieces tucked neatly underneath the lid. 



Inside the lid, it has the boiling-plate handle, the poaching plate, the omelet plate, and the boiling-plate stacked in one another. 



When boiling eggs, just attach the boiling-plate handle to the boiling plate.  The handle allows me to pick up the eggs when they're finished cooking, and place them in ice water without burning my hand.
 



If choosing to poach or make an omelet, those specialized plates need to sit on top of the boiler-plate so they don't get burned by the metal piece underneath the boiling plate. 




The lid locks in place to store it, but when cooking, the lid must be set on top of the device without actually locking it into place.  





When storing, you can slide the locking tabs under the handles of the egg cooker. 




It also came with a measuring cup to show proper water amounts for various levels of "doneness" for boiled eggs. I always choose hard boiled for myself or the kids.  Aaron prefers medium boiled for himself.  And whenever I choose to do a "Day in the Life of Downton Abbey,"  I'll choose soft boiled. :)  On the opposite side of this measuring cup are lines showing the water level needed for poached eggs and omelets. 


Underneath the measuring cup is a little push-pin like device.  This is to poke the rounded bottom of the egg before placing it bottoms up on the boiling plate. 


I placed it next to my 24 ounce cup to show the size of the egg cooker.  It's really compact and everything fits neatly under the lid when not in use. 


I'm really impressed by the egg cooker and am glad we got it when we did!  When it's done cooking, it sings a little song as its timer rather than just beeping, etc.  Avery LOVES the song it plays and frequently asks me to "play that song" even when the cooker is not in use!


Until Next Time, 

Much Love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment