Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, April 30, 2018

Avery: 8 Months

Avery turned 8 months old on April 20th!

At her 4 month check up she weighed 13.1 pounds and was 24 inches tall.  She had her 6 month check-up in February where she weighed 15 pounds 10 ounces, and was 26 inches tall.  She is in the 50th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference.  She won’t have her next well-check-up until next month when she’s 9 months old, so I’m guessing that her current weight is about 17 pounds.





Diapers: She is still comfortably in size 2.

Clothing: Avery is still in 6-9 month clothing but we'll be transitioning to 9-month items soon.  I went through her pile of hand-me-downs from her cousin and realized she had like four 9-month things.  So I mentioned this to my mom who had asked if she could do anything to help us out recently.  My mom got a couple things, but put the word out to my grandmas that Avery was in need of clothes, and both grandmas came through!  Avery now has a nice selection of things that she will fit into soon (and can wear now) as well as things that she will grow into over the summer and that will carry her into the fall.  Thank you so much, Gigi, Nana, and Grandma G.!

Sleeping:  She’s doing pretty well in the overnight sleep department and does really well during naps if you can stand to hear less than 10 minutes of crying when she goes into her crib.  She did as well as I could have planned for her to do when we went to the beach between her 7th and 8th month.  We'll be going back to the beach in a few weeks, and I'm hoping she does even better!  We also stayed 2 nights at my parents house while our flooring was changed and we couldn't walk down our hallway.  Avery was in a pack-and-play in the room that Aaron and I slept in, and she didn't do so hot the first night, but really stepped up her game for night #2 and did great!  At home since I've been so swamped with school this past month, it was really hard to type one-handed while holding her, so I started putting her in her sleep suit for nap times over the weekends when I'm off of work.  Once she was in her sleep suit, I'd hold her til she was either super fussy or super tired (and ps, super fussy means super tired), then I put her in her crib and she'll barely make it a few minutes with crying until she's asleep.  Today, Noah and Avery were home with me from lunchtime onward since my mother-in-law had an appointment, and Avery slept over 2 hours in her crib for a nap!!!! I'm hoping this trend continues!  At night, I'll feed her around 6:30 or 7:00pm and put her down in her crib shortly afterwards (following the same tactic as naptime: sleepsuit, then crib once she's fussy/tired).  She'll usually wake up around 10pm, and she goes right back to sleep when she's done eating.  There's always one more wake-time in there and it can be anywhere from 1:00am to 3:30am.  Then I'll feed her once I get up for the day before I start work.  

Feeding: She usually eats baby food at lunchtime.  She won't typically finish a serving at dinner if she's had something for lunch.  She still hands down prefers her veggies over fruits!  My mother-in-law and I have started breaking apart yogurt melts and letting her pinch them off of her highchair tray.  She won't always get the pieces in her mouth, and when she does she's not impressed by the texture or taste.  She keeps me guessing in the food department, that's for sure.  She still takes 3 solid bottles (4 or 5 ounces) three times each day during the work week.  She is nursed whenever she's home with me, and I'm guessing she takes about 5 ounces (maybe more) during each feed.  

Tummy Time:  She's pretty much past this.  She still likes playing with her baby gym and alternates between laying underneath the pieces or sitting up by them.  She's a very fast crawler and can go from crawling to sitting and back again.  We recently changed out our carpet in the living room to hardwood tile and we bought a walker the very next day!  She LOVES it!  She zips around in it and can make a loop between the living room, kitchen, and dining room.  She can also go down the hallway right to her brothers' bedroom door!  She thinks she's big stuff toddling around in her walker and it's just so cute!  










Habit:  This just started the other day... to my knowledge, but she now has the habit of screaming if she has dropped something and cannot pick it up (ie, she's in her walker), or if she has something that gets taken away (even if we're just trying to show her a new way to use it), or if something doesn't go 100% according to plan when she's tired.  This leads to a full on arch-the-back shriek/scream and cry.  Most of the time this is all due to being tired.  I hope.  Otherwise, we're all in for some shrieky toddler days ahead of us in this next couple of years. 

She's constantly on the move-- doesn't want to hold still very long for anything.  These are the 8-month pictures I took today.  These are the best ones if this tells you anything about the level of mobility we're experiencing. :) 











Oh, Avery, you bring such joy to everyone around you!  We love you so!


Until Next Time, 

Much love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment