Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, April 16, 2018

Still Here, Still Reading, Almost back to normal (and a photo dump)

I realized it was the 16th day of April and I had zero posts so far this month.  Not good.

I'm towards the end of a big wave of change, and I'm certain that I'll have more free time then.  The wave should be over by this end of this work week.

I have a lot of things that I'll be blogging about like the Easter egg hunt that my mother-in-law had for my boys, Avery's first time in a walker, Michael's never-ending bout with ear infections and the latest treatment, and Noah's appointment with the allergist and the alarming things we discovered at that appointment that will change how we eat from here on out, and our completely new floors in the dining room, living room, and hallway.

Lots of change.  Lots of emotions (from me).

In the midst of it all, I lost myself.  I have been just treading water-- barely surviving.  I miss me.  I'll be happy to reunite with my self this week and hopefully keep myself around.  Lately, I've really had to admit that I cannot do it all, and that I will not get a gold star for doing so.  My plate has been too full, so I am removing some big items from it and focusing on the more important items.

This change will be hard. But my family and I will benefit, and that's so important.

I'm still reading posts and still dreaming up of things to write of my own.   So for now, I will leave you with a semi-photo dump.  And I'll have future blog posts to explain some of these pictures!

If you're still here, checking to see if I've come up for air, thank you.  It really does mean so much.

(He lost his first tooth!)

I think she's cute.

Obviously too big for the swing now since she can swing herself.


Easter.  Following in Daddy's footsteps to find the eggs.


Can't believe how big he is!


Of course there was an egg hidden on top of the garbage can for Noah to find.


Master egg seeker.


He insisted on wearing safety goggles.  This age is so fun!


Aaron's dad and stepmom got Noah this shirt in his Easter basket.  I called it a "garbage man shirt" to get him to like it since it didn't have a garbage truck on it, and he was HOOKED.  Now it's his favorite shirt and he wants to wear it all the time.  Even when it's 40 degrees outside.  (I'm looking at you, month of April!)

Baby toys are always fun when you're not a baby anymore.


Aaron's stepdad is doing construction on an office building and brought this home to show Noah-- the world's biggest fan of fans.


Got her paci in all by herself.

All 3 playing or watching Inside Out.  These moments won't last forever.


She's sitting up so well now! Big girl!


And on Thursday he lost his 2nd tooth!


At the park on Saturday.  See-- garbage man shirt again.


These slides are so fun!


Little missy is big stuff in her walker!  (And this is a sneak peek of our new floors!)


Playing at GG's house.







Until Next Time!
Much love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment