Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Life!

Yikes, another month with only one post prior to this one.  Sometimes I get my act together enough to write more than two posts a month.  September was not the month for that.  :/

I was still awaiting a field experience assignment for most of the month, which meant I was taking substitute positions whenever I could so that I could rack up some hours in the classroom to apply towards my field experience requirement.  I've been subbing pretty regularly now, which means no computer use during the day.  When I get home in the evenings, I'm just ready to sit down and relax. 

This time has been important for our family though.  I play little Nintendo games with Michael and Noah, and I'm able to pour  into the lives of them and Avery while I devote time to them rather than running off to the computer. 

I did finally get a field experience placement at the end of last week!  I'm supposed to start tomorrow, but I don't know if the teacher I'm working with actually knows I'll be working with him, so I don't know whether to show up tomorrow or wait to hear from him (I sent him an email on Friday afternoon).

I'm also coaching Upwards cheerleading this fall and I have a team of nine girls from grades kindergarten through third.  This is always one of my favorite parts of fall and I'm excited to be back at it after missing out last fall while taking care of tiny baby Avery. 

Now that I finally have a field experience placement, I finally feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for my Master's Degree.  It's finally feeling real.

This next weekend is fall break and Aaron and I will be taking all three kids with us to the beach cottage.  We celebrate our anniversary this Wednesday (9 years!) but we weren't able to work out childcare so that we could go away somewhere by ourselves.  So a family vacation it is!  :)  We're looking forward to relaxing and hopefully enjoying nice weather!

I'll catch up here on the blog soon.  I promise.

Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment