Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Gift Guide: Toddler GIrl

It's so fun to assemble lists of potential gifts for my kiddos.  Of course the older two can write their own lists, but let's be honest-- sometimes their massive lists need to be pared down slightly in order for parents to afford them!  I like to keep a running tally of things I see that I think they'll like.  This certainly helps when it gets time to start buying the gifts.  Sometimes, their most prized gifts weren't actually on their list at all!


Here's my round-up of gifts suitable for a toddler girl!


PAW Patrol plush dogs:  Avery has the Skye plush doll already, but I know she'd love this set which includes Marshall and Chase-- two of her favorites.  She also wouldn't be upset to get a second Skye!

Play kitchen set: Several years ago, I bought my boys a very cheap (like $20) plastic kitchen.  It's so super small and totally crooked thanks to my screw-driving skills upon assembly.  :)  The boys played with it for years and now Avery plays with it.  However, I knew she could use an upgrade and I've been eyeing this one particular kitchen for a very long time. Any little girl who loves pretending to make and bake things would love this and I really feel like it will get years of use.  And, it's aesthetically pleasing which is nice since it most likely will be played with in common areas of the house rather than a bedroom.

Coffee Set:  I read about this toy coffee set on another blogger's site and it looked so cute that I just had to look it up!  One of Avery's all time favorite things is making us pretend cups of coffee or hot tea. After looking at this set, I realized it is made by LeapFrog and incorporates learning activities into the play pieces!  I absolutely cannot WAIT for her to open this up and create so many fun memories and pretend drinks!

Flicka Ricka and Dicka book:  I remember reading my mom's version of this book and was so excited to find it on Amazon!  I love for my kids to open a book on Christmas morning and this "bake a cake" version of the Flicka Ricka and Dicka books is one I think Avery (and the boys too!) will love.


Grinch DVD:  Avery discovered this updated version of the Grinch on Netflix about three weeks ago and has watched it at least twice a day since then.  We don't plan to keep Netflix past the holidays, so I decided to include this DVD in her Christmas stash.  She has completely decided that the Grinch is her favorite Christmas character and I'm guessing if she has made this decision, then other toddlers might have as well.  I enjoy all versions of the Grinch movies, but I can absolutely say that this latest version will entertain a two year old or an 82 year old! 

Avery would also enjoy new colors of Play-doh and some new Play-doh accessories (cookie cutters, rolling pins, etc.).  A new coloring book (possibly Grinch?) would also be a hit.

I hope this list has inspired you if you have a toddler girl to buy gifts for this Christmas.

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment