Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Sayings of my Children

Here's the latest collection of funny things my kiddos have said. Enjoy!


Noah: You were born all the way in Virginia?
Me: Yep
Noah: Wow. You must've seen a lot of cool state troopers



Michael: Do you know why it's called Nutella? It's someone's last name. Sometimes people name things after themselves.
Noah: Like McDonald's
Michael: No



Me: Oh! Feel the inside of this pocket in your new pants, Avery!

Avery: I feeled it in Walmart
Me: It's so soft like a kitten!
Avery: Yeah. I love kittens. And I'm going to name this kitten Smoky

Me: You will get a turn in the future
Noah: But in the future there's flying cars


Avery: I saw a picture that said my name. A-B-C-E-Y! Avery Kate!



Me: Don't blame anyone
Avery: I'm not blaming. I'm telling.

Avery: Mommy, can you talk Spanish?
Me: Yes. Hola, me llamo mommy. Te amo. "Hello. I'm mommy. I love you." That's what I said.
Avery: That's not French.
Me: You asked me to speak Spanish.
Avery: Spanish is French. I learned Spanish from Peppa Pig.

Noah: I'm going to be a police officer when I grow up.
Avery: I'm going to be a mermaid.
Noah: Don't be mad when I say this but mermaids aren't real.
Michael: That's just because Noah hasn't seen one.
Avery: Stay right there. I'll show you. (Runs and gets a mermaid Barbie to show Noah what they look like)



Avery: My hair is getting long. I'm going to have really long hair like Tangled (Rapunzel). I'm going to be a grown up and be Tangled! I'm going to be a mom and have hair like Tangled! I'm going to be a grown up and your friend!
Me: I hope you're my friend when you grow up!
Avery: I WILL! I'll be a grown up and a parent like you and I'll wear your clothes and your headbands! And you will wear your headbands. We'll look the same!

(On an unseasonably warm winter day)
Avery: Hey, mom. Your hair kind of looks like a lion.

(Watching the show "Alone"- a survival show)
Michael: Hey Noah, that guy is a police officer.
Noah: Oh, so that's why his eyebrows always look like they're mad.

(A minute later...still watching "Alone")
Michael: Day 2, 9:10am. These guys are having snack.

At 7:24am
Avery: Can I have chocolate milk?
Me: That's what you want for part of your Breakfast?
Avery: No. It's what I want for dinner. (She hasn't grasped at what time of day we eat each meal.)




Playing rock paper scissors, and if we get the same motion Avery says "tie dyed!"

Avery: (Playing with alphabet cards) I spelled Superjet.
Me: Superjet?! Oh wow!
Avery: I was trying to spell God but it came out as Superjet.

Avery: (After meeting the ENT) I liked that blue doctor. Did he say I could have ice cream AND popsicle?!

Avery is calling her hair chalk "rainbow color hair chop" and she does a chopping motion with her hands


Avery was touching my eyelashes that had mascara on.
Avery: These feel like spider legs.

Avery: Mom, the world in real life is complicated.
Me: It's complicated?
Avery: Yeah. I'm having a boring day. 




I just love capturing what they say!

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba




No comments:

Post a Comment