Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, January 29, 2024

Bookshelf Redo!

When we moved into our home, we put the bookshelf in the corner of our dining room by the big picture window. I've stored our board games on it since then because I wanted the kids to have easy access to the games. This worked well but I was feeling the absence of a true bookshelf. I was piling up books on the floor next to my bed and I had two suitcases full of books from our move. I decided that I needed to restructure how we stored our board games in order to make room for books. 

I did some research (ie, read blogs & looked on Google) and found some large mesh/plastic bags to accommodate the boards and pieces of some of the games. The pack of bags I ordered came in a pack of 10 so I made the decision to see which 10 games I could fit in these bags. Anything I couldn't fit, I'd decide what to keep and maybe what we could do without. (Spoiler alert: I ended up keeping everything for now but know which ones I'll donate). 

The bags were larger than I thought and easily fit the games we frequently play. Some things were too large like Hungry Hungry Hippos Unicorn edition and Bugs in the Kitchen. Michael is also keeping the Monopoly versions in his room but I think we'll eventually put them into bags when I buy my next set. 

We relocated the bookshelf to the living room right next to Aaron's desk and I had space left for my books! I was so pleased with the result! 

Here is my progress before bringing in the books. The clear bags on the bottom couple shelves are the game bags with blue painter's tape identifying the game inside. 


Here's the shelf after I put all the books on it from beside my bed and the two suitcases! 

We had to move one picture (see it to the bottom left of the photo above) and we'll hang it above Aaron's desk. 

It was certainly a stress relief to have somewhere to put my books and I'm so glad that the board game storage worked out how I hoped! 

Until Next Time, 

Much Love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment