Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, June 15, 2012

29 Weeks!

29 Weeks!  Next week will start my final 10 weeks of pregnancy!  Sometimes it seems like pregnancy has been a blur.  Other times it seems like the end of August will NEVER get here!

This week, the song “June is bustin’ out all over!” from the musical “Carousel” plays in my head as I walk to my car at the end of the work day.  It’s starting to get very hot in the mid-afternoons here, and I’m so thankful for our car’s automatic start!  I make sure the AC controls are set to full blast when I get out of the car in the mornings.  That way, when I push the automatic start, the AC will blow at full speed and start to take away some of the awful heat in the car.  And with the pace I’m walking at these days, the car has a lot of time to cool down! :)

Aaron and I have practiced installing the car seat base a few times now so we can make sure that we’re getting it as tight as it can be.  I’m pretty impressed with our growing skills in child safety equipment installation. :)

I have determined that Michael is a hiccup champion.  He will get the hiccups at least once a day.  Most days, he gets the hiccups more than twice.  Sometimes the hiccups are so close together that I feel bad for my little guy.  Last night at 2:30 (yep, I was awake at that time thanks to third trimester bathroom breaks), Michael started hiccupping.  His hiccups were hard and close together.  I couldn’t go back to sleep until he settled down.  I had to make myself focus on taking deep breaths (an interesting concept while lying on one’s side) in order to calm him down and make his hiccups stop.  Eventually, I was able to fall asleep again.

In the afternoons this week, after we get home from work, Aaron and I have tried to take a nap since we are both exhausted.  I have found that Michael thinks nap times are the perfect time to play!  If I lay on my right side, he will stretch out along that side and wiggle his fingers right up against the side of the womb!  It’s the weirdest feeling!  Sometimes, Aaron will turn over and ask what I’m laughing at.  Yesterday, I had Aaron put his hand on the mattress, and I situated my belly on top of his hand as I laid down.  Within a few minutes, Michael started wiggling those fingers again.  Aaron got a taste of what it feels like to have tiny fingers wiggling around.  It takes quite a while for me to fall asleep during a nap due to all of his movements.

He, however, doesn’t seem to have a problem napping in the womb whenever the mood strikes him!  He seems like he’s going to be a side sleeper when he gets older.  During his naptimes, he is on his side toward the bottom of the womb.  I can feel the curve of his back as he lies in that position.  It causes some discomfort in my pelvic region, but it’s worth it to be on this journey!

 This Week:
-Michael’s brain can control his body temperature and breathing.
-He can cough.
-His skills at performing the sucking abilities are being perfected.
-He’s packing on the pounds which will make his skin less wrinkled and more baby-like.  So, think less along the lines of Benjamin Button and more along the lines of Huggies model. :)
-This “white fat” that he’s developing will help energize him and insulate him when he’s born.
-Little Baby P. weighs nearly 3 pounds and is a little over 15 inches long, which is roughly the size of a loaf of bread:




(Photo credit: grainmaker.com)

My Craves:
-No-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies.  (I tried to make these myself and flopped.  So now I have a clump of no-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookie in a bowl in my fridge).
-Cherry coke (sounds refreshing but I haven’t given in).
-Sweet tea (I have definitely given into this one, but I monitor the caffeine intake.  Michael doesn’t need any help in being active, and I don’t need any help in waking up at odd times of the night… so we keep our caffeine limited.) :)
-Water is a life saver now, because anytime I eat or drink something citrus-y, my mouth gets very very dry.  Water is a much needed friend these days.
Thank-you for catching up with us this week! I can’t believe that June is halfway over, but it means that we’re this much closer to meeting little Michael.  It’s hard to wait!  Until next week, Love Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment