Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cravings Thus Far

So, like in my first pregnancy, I have had my share of cravings.  This post will recap my cravings from weeks 3&4 until now (week 22).  I forgot to write down my cravings each and every week, and some weeks I really didn't have an overwhelming craving, but overall, this is still a good synopsis.


Weeks 3&4:
  • the grouper sandwich from 2 Al's At the Beach Cafe.  I haven't been able to give into this craving yet.
  • fried pickles-- I ordered some from Sonic one evening as my side item to the Bacon Cheeseburger (hey, I'm pregnant after all).
Week 6:
  • Bratwurst with LOTS of yellow mustard and grilled carmelized onions on a bun.  I told this craving to Aaron and he said "You want a bratwurst??? You don't normally want bratwurst."  I replied "I'm not normally pregnant either."  His response:  "I love you."  :) 
  • salty foods
  • Coffee Toffee Bars-- this was my first "sweet" craving.
  • sour things like Pixi-Stix
Week 7:
  • anything with yellow mustard
  • sour things
  • dill pickles
Week 10:
  • Savory things.  If I got too much of a sweet taste in my mouth, I would guzzle water. 
  • dill pickles
  • lemonade
Weeks 14&15:
  • water-- I was SO thirsty!  I could not get enough water!
Week16:
  • Broccoli!  I could not get enough! 
  • Pizza! I could eat it every day!
  • Non-food item:  I was ready for Fall!  Ready for Apple cider, pumpkins, crisp air, picking up pecans in the yard, going to the Pumpkin Patch with Michael and my nephew! 
Week 19:
  • apples!
  • Steamed veggies!  I could eat my weight in broccoli
Week 20:
  • spaghetti
  • Apples-- especially granny smith
  • Steamed veggies
Week 21:
  • cottage cheese
  • apples--granny smith or gala
  • peaches or nectarines
  • Chicken spaghetti-- I made this last night for supper because it was such a dominant craving this week! 

This week marks Week 22.  Little Baby P. 2 is the size of a papaya!

 
 

Today, I went to the doctor for my monthly check-up.  Little Baby P.'s heart-rate was 141, and he earned himself a "Perfect Heartbeat" award, just like his brother.  Next month, I will have the glucose test, where I am screened for gestational diabetes.  That means super healthy eating this next month!  In addition, we will have an ultrasound at our next appointment.  It's always fun to see Little Baby P. 2 on the ultrasound screen, so we are excited to have this next ultrasound.  :) 


Prayers are much appreciated!  Much love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment