Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Peek Into the World of a Toddler

Welcome to our busy world!  I hope the pictures that follow give you an idea of the go-go-go lifestyle that Michael lives!  He is such an active little guy!  And he's not even 2 yet!  I have a feeling that my house will look like a "toy-nado" went through it daily.  I have a feeling that it might be like this for the next several years since we'll have two little boys racing around!  The funny thing is, I do not mind at all.  I love to see the toys scattered throughout the living room, and the shoes pulled out of the cubby holes, and the couch pillows strewn about.  As I tidy up in the evenings after Michael has gone to bed, I smile and count my blessings.  To be the mother of a toddler, with another sweet boy on the way, I am extravagantly blessed.  It doesn't need to be November for me to count my blessings, but it does remind me moreso of how blessed our family is. 

Last night, Aaron and I just sat on the couch and watched Michael entertain himself by spinning in circles and running laps back and forth across the living room-- squealing with joy and bubbling over with laughter the whole time.  Occasionally, Aaron and I would look at each other and just laugh because Michael found the silliest things to laugh about.  Being the mommy of a toddler is so fun and so funny!  Here is a photo recap of Michael's activities these last few weeks:


At the church "Harvest Festival!"  Michael was Aubie.  Here he is laughing at himself.  :) 




Masquerading as Batman in his spare time.  



Being my sweet outside boy!  He LOVES to be outside!  This picture was taken by Grandma Chips as Michael played outside at her house.  Melt my heart!  He's just so cute!



This is one of Michael's new-found favorite activities:  Taking the couch pillows off the couch, throwing them on the floor, jumping on top of them, and then laying down.  :)







Like I said, this boy LOVES to be outside.  Here he is with a stick in hand, ready to go! 



This was the next day.  As you can see, it got a little colder and he had to wear a jacket.  He does an excellent job of keeping the hood up!  Once again, a stick in hand makes a very happy boy!  I LOVE his excitement and expressions!




Looking out the window at Grandma and Grampa's house. He loves to look in mirrors and out the windows.




This was on Sunday.  Daddy was at the Seahawks game, so Michael was sporting his Seahawks gear at home!  Here he is playing with a School Bus-- we love School busses since Grampa drives one and Auntie Angela drives one too!  This weekend, he started saying "bus-bus." So fun!  Such a cute little face! 

 
 
Our growing boy.  He LOVES to eat!  Dinner time always brings lots of smiles!   (PS-- I don't even mind if you see my messy countertops in the background.  It was the night before trash pick-up, and we had just received 4 boxes from Amazon.com and Target.com, and I was busy cleaning out the fridge and loading the dishwasher.  I'm expanding my motherly skills to include housework while feeding a toddler, and cooking supper!)  :) 
 
 
 
This is our sweet boy holding his "crown" (one of my head-bands).  He thinks it's the funniest thing to put it on his head and run around the living room.  
 
 
 
 
And the final picture of the post that I'll leave you with is an action shot of this busy toddler during one of his laps through the living room sporting his "crown."  :)  How could anyone not love this kid?!?  I think he's pretty fantastic.  :)
 
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed this peek into the world of Michael as a toddler.  He definitely keeps me on my toes!  Check back in a few days for a pregnancy update and a recipe to a FABULOUS flourless peanut butter cookie (low carb).  :)  Much love, Reba
 

No comments:

Post a Comment