Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, February 8, 2016

Valentine's Day Decorating Details

Today I'm linking up with Rachel and Astleigh to share Valentine's Day Decorating Details!

Let's start with treats for my boys!   I found these felt envelopes in the Target Dollar Spot.  In the past couple of years, I've seen pins where people use felt envelopes to stash sweet notes and to put Valentine's treats in, and I've wanted to do the same.  When I saw these light blue envelopes, I knew they'd be perfect for my boys.

When I was growing up, my parents always made a point to get my brothers and me some type of little treat or game.  I definitely want to do that with my kids.  My husband and I don't celebrate this holiday for ourselves, but we both agree that we want to make a conscious effort to make this a fun day for our children.  I picked up some "googly eye robot stickers," a Skittles heart (they both love skittles for potty-treats), and a Snoopy chocolate box (with the carb count on the back so that it's easy for us to account for each piece when my older son with Type One Diabetes eats his treat).


I snagged the one pink envelope that Target had left, because I know my husband and I are going to adopt a girl in a few years and I want her to have a coordinating envelope!


I also found these dish-towels in the Target Dollar Spot (do you sense a theme here? I'm a Target addict.  No shame).  I just loved the pop of bright pink.  In my house full of guys (a husband, two sons, and a boy dog), my girl dog and I have to add in our pops of pink without going overboard.


I found a jute and cardboard banner to go across our mantle (I don't even think I have to tell you where I got it-- hint: see all Valentine's details above.)  It's fairly simple with XOXO in bright pink, and then three gold hearts on each side of the words.  It's not over-the-top, and it was long enough to stretch across the whole length of the mantle, with extra room for a swag drop-down.


When I took the picture below, I had every intention of finding something to actually place on the center of the mantle, but I haven't come across anything that strikes my fancy.  So it remains as is-- lantern (from Hobby Lobby), bird votive holder (Target-- two summers ago), and a wedding picture in a frame (from Hobby Lobby).


My favorite seasonal decoration is my Season Changing Wreath from the Etsy shop Hopscotch and Honey!  Trust me when I say that you need one of these!  I seriously get so excited about the first of every month so I can put the new decor fixings on the wreath!  It's by far my favorite decorating item!


Hope you've enjoyed the simple, but sweet Valentine's decor in our home.  I am so looking forward to setting out those blue envelopes on our couch on Saturday night for our boys to find in the morning!

Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba


4 comments:

  1. So cute!!! And girl adoption yay! My season changing wreath is my favorite decorating item too. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wreath is so fantastic! I want every girl in my family to have one! Definitely my favorite thing!
      And yes- so excited for a girl adoption in a couple years!

      Delete
  2. Everything looks so pretty!
    I love the XOXO banner, the season-changing wreath (I think I need one of those!), and those sweet envelopes :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The season changing wreath is definitely my favorite piece! And I'm so happy to have found those envelopes!

      Delete