Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, September 25, 2017

Favorite Smoothie

So, I've been hitting up the galactogogues really hard this time around.  My favorite way to consume these items is in the form of a smoothie!  I'm obsessed with the flavor combination of peanut butter and banana, so this smoothie is perfect!

Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:


  • 1/3 c oats
  • 1 c milk (dairy or almond milk)
  • 1 Tablespoon-ish of flaxseed
  • 1 Tablespoon-ish of chia seeds
  • 1 tiny pinch of brewer's yeast (I can taste it if I put in more than a pinch, so I'm very conservative with this)
  • a couple good size spoonfuls of peanut butter
  • 1 frozen banana (freezing it helps keep the smoothie nice and cold)
Method:
  • Blend up oats by themselves first.  This makes them break down a bit more than if you were to blend it with all ingredients included. 
  • Add remainder of ingredients and blend. 
  • Pour into big cup with a wide straw and enjoy!!!



There you have it!  Super yummy and helpful in boosting milk supply!

Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment