Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Conversations with my Children

Avery turned 10 months old yesterday and I did manage to get a few non-blurry photos of her on her blanket.  I'll share those, along with her 10 month update, tomorrow.  :)

Today, enjoy this round-up of funny/sweet things my boys have said over the past couple months. 

***

(Regarding why the words Super Mario Maker stay at the top of Michael's Game-pad)
Me: why are the words stuck on the top of the screen? 
Michael: oh those words stay there. You can tap them and something cool pops out. Isn't that fun? 
Me: yeah that's pretty fun. 
Michael: see? I knew there had to be some fun in your life!



(Noah fell asleep when he got home one afternoon & ended up just continuing to sleep!  We had breakfast for dinner that night that he missed out on, but he knew what we'd be having because we talked about it earlier. So the next morning he gets up and sees biscuits on the cooling rack.)
Noah: ooh! A bun! I want a bun! 
Me: that's not a bun. 
Noah:  (smiles really big) a biscuit! I want a biscuit! 



Noah:  ok, we're on a pretend camp out. 
Michael: (goes & lays on love seat) 
Noah: what are you doing?
Michael:  getting in my bed!
Noah:  that's nice of you!  



Noah: banana spiders walk on all seven legs 



Me: ok it's snacktime 
Noah:  do i get a snack?
Me: yes, you just don't get to choose your snack since you didn't finish dinner 
Noah:  ok. I'm just gonna tell you what I want. I'm not going to choose. I'm just going to tell you!



(During breakfast on the morning after daylight savings time)
Noah: it's like we're eating dinner!



Michael: I made a honey cake would you like some? 
Me: yes! 
Michael: okay here's what I put in it. Oil, vinegar oil, a scoop full of strawberries, a scoop full of honey, and a scoop full of jam!



Noah: (sneezes)  I didn't cough! But I'm sick! I must have a crusher in my head



While watching Inside Out and they discuss "train of thought."
Noah: they said train of dot. So it's a train made of dots. 



Michael: nine,  ten. But in school they say "tin"



Me: Michael, why are you chasing Noah?
M: I'm not 
Me: how come he ran into the living room, hid, and yelled "no no no," and then you ran into the living room?
M: that wasn't chasing. 
Me: what do you call it?
M: finding 



Michael: oh! I know what the G stands for in Pokemon GX!
Me: what?
M: dragon!
Me: dragon doesn't start with G buddy. It starts with D



(When looking at one of my diffusers that can change colors, Noah lists a type of pie (or PAW Patrol character) for each color) 
Noah: (Red) strawberry pie, (orange) pumpkin pie, (yellow) lemon pie, (blue) blueberry pie, (green) broccoli pie!



Me: are you going to have fun at the beach?
Noah: yes. I think the beach is after this day. 
Me: it's in 3 weeks. 
Noah: oh. Well I'm not going to be excited about the beach. 
Me: you're not? 
Noah: well I am. But I'm going to take my socks off in the sand. 
Me: yes, buddy. You can take your socks off in the sand.  



Noah: Lewis Hamilton, what's your name?
Michael: Lewis Hamilton!
Noah: that's what I said!



Noah: (about putting on Aaron's Docksider loafers) I need to put on my baseball bat shoes 



Me: would you like to walk to the mailbox with me?
Noah: what?
Me: would you like to walk to the mailbox with me?
Noah: I would love that!



Noah: did you used to be 4?
Me: yep. 
Noah: then were you 5?
Me: yep. 
Noah: you had a birthday to turn 5?
Me: yep. 
Noah:  was I there?
Me: nope.  You weren't alive then. 
Noah: oh. But I did want you to share your cake with me. Wait. Did I? 



(The boys got chic fil A for lunch after Michael's graduation)  
Noah: I got a hamburger!



Noah: "This song is called The Itchy Bitty Spider. The one that climbs up the water spout."



Noah: my leg broke open on my knee when I fell on the concrete 


(This year in kindergarten, Michael learned to read and now spells out many of the things he wants to say.  It's both cute and annoying.  Noah has picked up the habit of spelling things out, although he cannot actually spell)
Noah: (after drying off after his bath)  I've got to get this out of my y-e-s booty. 
Me: your what?
Noah: my booty. How do you spell booty?
Me: b-o-o-t-y. 
Noah: no, how do you spell booty???
Me: b-o-o-t-y
Noah: how do you spell y-e-s?



Michael: (holding a yellow Easter egg) this is the golden egg. They don't hatch. This is worth 1,000 hundred money. 
Me: oh my gosh. 1,000 hundred money?  What would you do with that much money?
Michael: (whispers)  I'd be rich!


(Noah likes to play a game that Michael played in kindergarten where the class would clap for the syllables in a word.  So Noah sounds out words on his own, and some of the ways he breaks up words is just too funny!)
Noah: pop ha trol  (aka, PAW Patrol). 
           Pub a bwix (aka, Publix)




Michael: Avery is like a little puppy with hands 


(After dinner one night.)
Noah: how many seconds until snacktime?
Me: I don't know. I don't know what time it is. 

Noah: right now it's 30 a.m.

***
I hope you've enjoyed this little peek into what I hear on the daily!  

Until Next Time, 
Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment