Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The getaway!

Aaron & I just got home on Sunday evening from a little 4-day parents only getaway to Washington state (where Aaron is from)!  I am still trying to believe that we actually were able to do this!!!  (Many many thanks to our parents for watching our kids (& dog!))

Aaron's cousin got married near the end of May, and although we were prepared for Aaron to go solo to the wedding, we received news that Michael's kindergarten graduation would be the day before the wedding.  Aaron chose not to go, and we saved the money that we would have spent on the airline ticket (which was astronomical). 

Then, Aaron's grandpa had surgery in the beginning of July and we knew we needed for Aaron to be able to get a visit in soon.  I looked up plane tickets on the sly and told him to book it and go.  He one-upped me by finding waaaaay cheaper tickets (like half-off what we saw in May), and I made the passing comment "wow! For that price, I could go with you!"   He said "Oh, please do!" and the rest is history. 

I scrambled to get my school work done for the time period that I'd be out of internet access, and I did it!

Our parents didn't bat an eye when we asked if all three of our kids could stay with them-- one who had a chronic medical condition, one with a severe cashew allergy, and one who wasn't sleeping through the night yet.   Our parents are rockstars and made it work! 

My mother-in-law kept the kids from Wednesday night through Friday afternoon, when my mom went over and picked them up and kept them til we returned on Sunday evening.  My parents kept my dog the whole time (he prefers going there and would probably live there if we'd let him!). 

I'll update soon with pictures of our trip and more travel details.  All in all, it was WONDERFUL and such a treat to be able to go on a getaway with my husband. 

Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment