Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Thursday, November 29, 2018

The Many Sayings of Noah

Noah is nearly five years old (early January is the big day!) and the things he says are just so funny!  Oh my goodness!  I keep a running note on my phone's memo pad, and I like to pull it out and have a little giggle every now and then.





Here are his latest contributions:

Noah:  where did that tool come from? It looks like one from Grandpa Randy.
Me: maybe it came from Grandpa Randy's  house?
Noah: (furrowed brow) Grandpa Randy lives with Grandma Chips
Me: so.... it came from Grandma Chips house?
Noah: yes


Noah: Mom, I've never tried an almond joy before
Me: that's because you're allergic to almonds
Noah: well, I'd just eat the joy part



Michael: My tummy hurts
Noah: Sounds like you have splatter pain 
Michael: What's splatter pain?
Noah: (sighs heavily) Ugh, Michael.  That's when you hold in your tee tee for too long and it makes you have a splatter pain!  (note: he means "bladder pain")





Noah: I have a slight. (of course, it sounds more like "swight")
Me: What's a slight?
Noah: Well, my eyes are watery and I have a tickle in my throat. When that happened at Grandma's house, she put her hand on my forehead and said I had a slight fever, so today I just have a slight because my eyes are watery and I have another tickle in my throat.


Me: don't stand on books. You could hurt yourself or me.
Noah: (stands on stack of books, slides off books and falls)
Me: this is why I say not to stand on books. Maybe one day you'll learn not to stand on books.
Noah: teach me
Me: teach you what?
Noah: to not stand on books.
Me: when I tell you not to do something, that is teaching you not to do it.






Noah: (opening an Air Head)
Me: here, I'll help you. This flavor is white mystery.
Noah: I love white mystery!
Me: You eat it and tell me what it tastes like
Noah: yum!
Me: it tastes like yum?
Noah: mmm-hmmm! And it tastes like bubble gum

(While we were driving home from my parents' house and it was dark)
Noah: what are those big things outside?
Me: what big things, bud?
Noah: those things that look like black brocolli
Me: those would be trees
Noah: oh, it's so dark that I can't see a thing!

Noah: (took a drink from his cup) I just got hydrolated by some water.




(While playing video games together-- with Noah only half-paying attention)
Michael: I guess Luigi slapped me in the head
Noah: that stupid guy
Michael: Noah, you're Luigi
Noah: oh! I'm so sorry, Michael!

Me: Noah, you should start trying to buckle yourself
Noah: I don't know how
Me: (showing him how) I'd like you to at least try
Noah:(gasps) maybe I can learn when I go to school
Me: I think you can learn before you start school
Noah: no, I need to be teached!


I hope you've enjoyed this brief glimpse into life with a nearly five year old spunky boy!

Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba


1 comment: