Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, March 15, 2019

First Grade Performance

On Tuesday of this week, Michael participated in his school's 1st grade performance. The theme was Candy Shop, and students who chose to participate were encouraged to wear bright colors or dress like Willy Wonka characters or like candy.  The participation was voluntary, and parents were sent a note home in early February asking if their child would like to participate.  Michael was eager to do so, which makes my mama heart so happy. 

Michael would come home from school over the past co
uple of weeks and tell me some of the songs they were working on (like "Lollipop, Lollipop" and "The Candy Man," which he said he didn't like).  He's not a big one to wear costumes, but decided it would be fun to wear Skittles wrappers on a shirt. So on Tuesday, I cut open some small Skittle packets and then used safety pins to attach them to his shirt. He was quite proud of himself. 

At the performance, which followed an APT meeting, the 1st graders got up on stage and performed 5 songs. It was cute! Michael didn't fully do all the dance moves though, which is typical for him and he said later that he was nervous. All 6 grandparents were able to attend which is so fun and such a blessing!














Until next time, 
Much love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment