Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, March 15, 2019

Work Appropriate Outfits

I started keeping track of my work outfits around the second week of February as a way to remind myself of outfit combinations.  Early in February, I ordered two pairs of pants from Aeropostale because I previously owned a pair of their "uniform" pants and remembered how soft they were.

I ordered a pair of their classic fit uniform pants in navy. These have a slight flare and are so soft! I also ordered a pair of the skinny leg uniform pants in black. These offer a nice alternative to my black linen pants which are more wide-leg style.

I also have had some shoe adjustments this month. My older black flats started to really wear out and once I came to terms with the fact that I had owned them for 7 years (I got them when I was pregnant with Michael), I could give myself permission to buy new black flats. The ones I had previously were Dr. Scholls and were so comfy. I wanted to find something similar, but for a way less price tag since we're on a strict budget here. I found a pair at Wal-Mart of all places. Now, I don't typically shop at Wal-Mart, but I do when my kids meed shoes. Here's a mom tip: always check Wal-Mart for kids shoes since they almost always have pairs for under $10, which is paramount to me since kids' feet grow so fast and I can't justify a higher price tag on kid shoes. So I went searching for shoes for myself and walked away with two pairs- one pair of nice black flats with comfy insoles for $12, and one impulse $5 buy of neutral colored laser-cut pattern suede flats. I'm so happy with these purchases!

Yesterday, my mom went shopping at Kohls and found a pair of flats in my size for $5 so she grabbed them and gave them to me as an early birthday gift. They're pointy toed navy suede with military-influenced gold buttons. I am wearing them today with a pair of dark khaki pants and a blue & green blouse.

Here's my collection of teacher-appropriate outfits. Enjoy!





































Until next time,
Love, Reba

1 comment:

  1. The navy shoes are so cute! P.S., love Avery getting in on the modeling!

    ReplyDelete