Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

LOFT Dress Review






For my birthday this year, my mother-in-law gave me a LOFT gift card!  LOFT is one of my all-time favorite stores to shop in.  I usually wait for a sale and really rack up on some good quality items!  This means that most of my clothes are "last season" but that doesn't really bother me.  I choose outfits that are timeless so that they can transition from season to season year after year.  With the gift card, I thought about spending it two ways: either keep my frugal mindset and get a lot of things on sale, or spend it on some items I wouldn't normally buy for myself.  I chose the latter. 

I have been seeking some good quality dresses to wear to school once I have a job, and I knew LOFT would not disappoint.  I searched "dresses" in the search bar and came across an unadvertised dress sale on the site!  I was able to get three dresses and a mixed media top with my gift card!  Here is what I picked out:

The mixed media top:

Mixed media tops are so fun!  From the front, it looks like a normal sweater or shirt, and from the back it's a surprising pattern!  I have another similar top from LOFT, but it wasn't long enough in the torso for me to render it usable after too many washings.  This top, though, is a much longer style and will be so perfect for this fall and winter!

This eyelet dress:




I had to find a dark dress to "harmonize" with the graduation regalia of my Master's graduation ceremony, and this one was the right color scheme and had a little something extra with the eyelet pattern to make it different from the average little black dress.  It's a ponte material, which is kind of like thick cotton/ neoprene feeling.  It's sturdy, which helps it keep it's A-line shape in the skirt.  For all of these dresses, I chose to get them in the regular length rather than the petite length, which guaranteed they'd be long enough for me to wear to teach in.  This dress washes and dries well (I lay it flat to dry) and has been wrinkle-resistant thus far!  It was a fantastic graduation dress.

This puff sleeve dress:


I love floral patterns, but hesitate to buy too many floral things for fear of looking matronly.  This pattern was small enough to complement my frame, and it was different from the typical colors that comprise the popular floral patterns of today.  The colors used in this dress include a citron and a teal which were just a little bit outside of the box for me and made me want to try this dress all the more.  The neckline is similar to a T-shirt style, so I knew it would be modest enough for school.  The sleeve boasts a slight twist and a puff which again makes it stand out a bit from common swing dresses.  The swing dress style is a favorite of mine because I can belt it if I want a bit of shape, or I can leave it plain which is a good disguise of a midsection that isn't so rock hard. 


I wasn't sure how I would like the bright pop of yellow embroidered flowers on this dress, but I decided to give it a try anyway.  I liked the idea of a jersey-material for the swing dress.  When this dress arrived, it was pretty low-cut, so I paired it with a black tank, which is how I'll continue to wear it.  The V-neck also is reflected in the back of the dress, so the tank helps add in some layering there too. Overall, this dress is very lightweight and a good addition to my work wardrobe!



Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment