Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Avery's Painted Room

A couple of weeks ago, my mother-in-law and I painted Avery's room over the course of a morning.  I had chosen the color "Arid Plains" by Behr Premium Marquee and we only had to do one coat!  The brand is more expensive initially, but it comes out cheaper in the end instead of buying other brands and having to buy extra gallons when the first can doesn't provide enough coverage.  After seeing how well this brand did in the boys' room, the hall bathroom, and Avery's room, I doubt I'll buy any other brand in the future.

I chose a neutral gray and was hoping it carried a tiny hint of green in it.  I think the green tint is present (in person) but I almost think the shade is too dark for her room size.  I'm contemplating repainting it, but I'm still on the fence.

Here's the room right after we put the furniture back in place.  




I have been conscious of how much furniture I was squeezing into Avery's room, so I had imagined different pieces of furniture I could eliminate after we finished painting.  My mother-in-law asked to have the changing table as a Cricut table in her home and I was so ready to have it out of Avery's space.  For the moment, that means her books and overnight diapers are in a corner of her room, but they won't always stay there.  One day I'll get organized enough to find other storage means in her room.  I took a small wooden table from the boys' room to use as a nightstand for Avery.  With the boys having bunkbeds now, they no longer have a need for a nightstand.  The table is small but it fits a lamp and a diffuser, which is all we need at the moment.

Here is her room after we hung things back on the walls.  Yes, I am aware that her single letter "A" painting looks small on her wall, but she is proud of it because she made it and she refuses to let me hang up a larger beach scene painting.  She and my mother-in-law are working on painting a K and a P to add to the monogram.  Once those pieces are finished, it'll be more like a small gallery wall which will complement the space in a better way.


Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment