Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

DIY Cleaners

My all-purpose cleaner and my glass cleaner both ran out at the same time, which has never happened before.  Since they both needed a refill, I decided to do a quick tutorial on how we make both of these cleaners.

I bought my 16 oz. glass bottles on Amazon, and the labels are from Etsy (Farmhouse Vinyl Co.).  I use Thieves ultra-concentrated Household Cleaner, which means I only have to add less than a capful per glass bottle.  I add in a few drops off essential oil (this time I chose Thieves, Purification, and Citrus Fresh).  The white vinegar is for the glass cleaner to add a little extra oomph for windows, mirrors, and glass.






For the all-purpose cleaner, I use half a capful of cleaner.



I added in a few drops of Purification oil and Thieves oil.  Purification helps eliminate odors in the air and it's one of my favorite scents. I also added in a few drops of Thieves oil to provide some extra cleaning burst. 


There's really not a whole lot of liquid in the bottle before filling it up with water.  That's okay!  The cleaner is super concentrated, so it needs a lot of water to bring it to proper dilution for cleaning.


For the glass cleaner, I used only 1/4 capful of cleaner and a few drops of Citrus Fresh oil.


I add in a 1/4 cup of white vinegar, which makes this bottle look slightly fuller than the all-purpose cleaner before adding in water.



Adding water makes the cleaner form bubbles in the bottle, so I have to add a little water, then wait, then add some more.


I shake each bottle well after adding water to nearly the top.  The cleaners are instantly ready to go.  I am always impressed by how well they clean surfaces, and it's a relief to know that the cleaner itself is plant-based and not full of harsh chemicals.  If you need links to anything mentioned, let me know!

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba


2 comments:

  1. Do you add tap water or distilled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use tap for the cleaner & distilled for making hand soap.

      Delete