Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Pie Safe Pantry

We're temporarily moving in with my parents while we finish selling our house & building our new home. Moving into a temporary spot means lots of downsizing & making things work. In my original home, I used a pie safe to display decorative items & store cookbooks and photo books, and I used the hallway linen closet as medical storage.  However, once we moved the pie safe to my parents' kitchen, I knew I wanted to use it as a pantry and medical storage. Here's my work in progress from today. 

On top I stashed my pretty crock pot and our air fryer (which we use ALL the time). 


On the first few shelves, I organized our food items.  It's a bit of playing Tetris when I need certain items, but that's okay. 


On the bottom shelves I have some of our medical supplies-- medicines we need to access regularly (like Zyrtec) and some medical items for diabetes management, etc. 
We also have Aaron's fancy chef knives & our partially used Costco bag of rice. 

The system is a work in progress and I'm sure we'll make adjustments and changes as the weeks progress. 


Until Next Time,

Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment