Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Helpful Kitchen Tools

This is a super random post of some kitchen tools and/or items that have proven to be successful for us in the last few years, so I thought I'd share! 

First up is parchment paper! I LOVE parchment paper and use it every single day. I never ever worry about things sticking because it just doesn't happen! I use parchment paper for baking cookies and heating up biscuits, etc. Any time I have to bake something in the oven, you can bet I'm using parchment paper. I love getting it at Costco just for the sheer amount & low price, but when Costco is being weird and not stocking it, I use any store brand. 


Second is my favorite cookie sheet of all time. It's an "air cookie sheet" so it's very lightweight and apparently the air circulates between the bottom of the cookie sheet & the actual surface that the food item sits on. I'm not sure how it does what it does but it doesn't matter to me. I love it, and spread out a sheet of parchment on it and bake to my heart's content. 


Next  is "his" and "hers" can openers. Aaron uses the simple one on the left,  and I use the ergonomic one on the right. I'll use his for the "church key" pokey-ness when necessary for can aeration but I only use the plastic can opener to open cans because I simply can't get his to actually open cans. Likewise, he can't get mine to open cans. We discovered early on in our marriage that two can openers were an okay necessity. 


Get a good electronic thermometer. This is the only way I don't murder chicken upon cooking it. And also the reason why we don't end up with chicken tartare.


A sturdy kitchen spoon & a good silicone spatula are also kitchen necessities. Both of these are Target finds.


We recently bought a set of silicone coated tongs and added them to our worn out collection. We keep these in easy reach. 


Finally, find something in a color that makes you happy. Cooking things in this little pan brings me joy... and that's a necessity too!


Until Next Time, 
Much Love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment