Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Sayings of my Children

Here's another collection of funny things my kiddos have said over the past few months. These posts are always so fun to look back on later, and they create lots of laughter in my children when they read about the silly things they've said over the years!


(While I'm putting in the movie Inside Out)
Avery: Are we watching Sin Died Out?





(While watching Boss Baby. In the movie, the boss baby says "Try to say 'chiweenie' without smiling.)
Noah: I can do that. Chi-woo-noo

Noah: Do you know how tanks say thanks a lot?
Me: "Tanks" a lot?
Noah: Yeah! How did you know?!
(5 minutes later...)
Noah: I'm still surprised you knew the answer to my joke, Mom.



Avery: I'm not putting my hands in my mouth so I don't need hanitizer (hand sanitizer)

When Avery is browsing on my phone with me and wants me to go back to look at something...
Avery: Look up! Look up high!

(While reading through her Wizard of Oz book)
Avery: Mom? Do we have brains?

(After bedtime one night)
Me: It's time for you to go to bed
Avery: Why? Are you tired and sick?



Avery: (in the bath, picks up a cup full of soapy water, makes a slurping sound) I drink this just attend (pretend)

Michael: I love the snow! The snow tastes wonderful!
Noah: I hope it doesn't taste like broccoli!



Avery: (while watching Supercross) I would do that! I would win!
Me: You would race those?
Avery: Yeah! On my mini bike! Would you come watch me?
Me: Yes! I would watch you race
Avery: Can you bring the camp chairs?



Noah: These crackers were baked so far away. It says "made in the USA."



Avery: I made you a list. It says "no corn a virus."
Me: Coronavirus?!
Avery: Don't get in it. It's dangerous. With lions and tigers.



(At 6:30 on a Saturday morning)
Avery: I just thought I'd come out here. But I did. But I didn't call you. I called me.



Michael: Ok. We're not playing games, people! We're decorating for Easter! (Three claps). Time to take a break!



(While watching Booba with Avery)
Me: Ahh! A show about Halloween!
Avery: That's okay! We like Halloween! It's not that pooky

(On our way to the beach)
Me: Michael, could you do a cursory check for baby p-a-t p-a-t?
Michael: (loudly) Avery, do you have Pat Pat? 



Avery: Smell my feet
Me: No thanks. I don't want to die.
Avery: (sighs) I won't die you.


Avery: How do you spell wheelbarrow?

Me: W-h-e-e-l-b-a-r-r-o-w
Avery: That's "blueberries!"  Here's how you spell. E-r-s-t-o-s. That's how you spell.

Me: Michael, stop being a know-it-all
Noah: Don't call me a doll.
(I had to stop and think, and eventually realized he thought I told Michael "don't be a Noah doll.")






Hope you've enjoyed this latest assortment!


Until Next Time, 

Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment