Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Sayings of my Kiddos

 It's been a while since I posted one of these so here we go!


(Orders Mac & cheese at Mexican restaurant)
Avery: I think after this I will talk Mexican



(While building forts)
Noah: I don't want anyone to get into my house. So I locked the door. I'm not sure if anyone's ever said this before, but I didn't want anyone stealing anything from my house either.

(Examining Avery's cheek after she was playing and bumped into something)
Avery: Why are you looking at me like that? You're looking at me like a girl who hasn't been a mom.


(When she crawled into my bed at 5:45am)
Avery: Mom, is it time to get up?
Me: no. You're up early.
Avery: Yeah. (Pauses) what's a pearlie?






A: when we get to the restaraunt I'm ordering sushi dogs.
Me: what's a sushi dog?
A: you know! That thing Noah gets!
Me: hush puppy.

(Passing Dothan Glass Company)
Noah: Since 1931?! That glass is expired!


Michael: I hate the heat
Me: so you wanna live in the north when you grow up? Like in Connecticut? And I'll visit you and we'll go to New York City at Christmas time.
Michael: Well, I don't know if I'll live as far away as Connecticut. Maybe Washington?
Me: DC or state?
Michael: State

Avery: Don't ruffle the cards without me
(She means "shuffle")


(After I stepped on the scale)
A: ooohhhh! Yay! You're doing good! You're growing!

M: hey Mom & Dad, look at Noah's hair. He looks like a clown on a Monday



(After I told the kids I had a headache)
A: (Swiffering the living room floor) can someone move Baby Pat Pat? But not you mom, you have a tired head.

Mum for halloween (mummy)

When my mom wore a cowl neck shirt.
Avery: Why do you have a hoodie in your front?

At 6:42am on the Monday morning of Thanksgiving break...
N: what did they do with Publix's lobsters?




Avery smells her elbow...
A: I'm sniffing my armpits

While eating spaghetti
Avery: is this permanent cheese? (Meaning parmesan cheese) 

Pajama day at school. Avery dressed herself & accidentally put her clean Pajama shirt overtop of the shirt she wore to bed.
Me: why do you have two shirts on?
A: (doesn't notice) No. (Lifts up shirt and sees hems of other one!) Ahh! No wonder my shirt hurt so fatly!

Avery: Mom! Did you know on The Grinch they sing "Louis made a doll"?! (Meaning Feliz Navidad)

(Avery runs her chin on my upper arm)
A: your skin feels like a hot dog.

A: I made a snowglobe in my mouth. First I put the Applesauce in, then I put the Lemonade in and it was like a snowglobe. It was so yummy!


Me: Michael, I have to grocery shop today. Would you like to grocery shop around lunchtime & we can get s-u-s-h-i for lunch?
M: (smiles & nods)
A: tacos?





A: (pulls on a ribbon attached to the front door) I'm going to trap Santa. (After a few minutes) I'm going to put it up. I don't want to be on the naughty list.

(When she saw a car she liked)
A: Oh my! That car is totally satisfying!

(To Avery)
Aaron: Why are you so cute?
A: because I'm a cute little girl who looks like mommy!


(The song on the radio says "like Heaven on Earth")
A: who's Kevin?



(After telling my kids they can try out the schools virtual reality headsets next week)
M: can we go to Rome?
Me: I think Ancient Ruins is one of the options, so yes.
M: yay! I want to see the Coliseum.
A: I want to go to French!





I hope you've enjoyed this peek into our lives!


Until Next Time,

Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment