Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

 Happy Sunday afternoon!


I've probably shared this recipe before but I'm making it for dinner tonight and figured I'd go ahead and reshare. 

Ingredients:

4-5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cooked ahead of time whether through boiling, baking, pan fry, etc.)

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 large can of mixed vegetables

2 premade ready-to-bake pie crusts 

Parsley for garnish


Steps:

1. Preheat oven to 350*. Spray nonstick spray into a pie pan. I usually have a cookie sheet ready to put the pie pan on while cooking, so get that handy as well. 



2. I previously boiled about 4 or 5 chicken thighs & let them cool. I cut them into chunks. Mix the chicken, soup, and vegetables in a large bowl. 




3. Smooth out one crust into bottom of pie pan. 



4. Pour/spoon chicken mixture into pie crust. 



5. Place second crust on top of chicken mixture and seal the crusts together as best you can.



6. At this point, I get one hand slightly wet and rub it on the top of the crust, then sprinkle on some parsley. 



7. Cut some steam holes in the crust. 



8. Place the pie pan on a cookie sheet (personal preference) and bake for 45 minutes to one hour. The crust should be golden when it's ready. 



9. Enjoy! 



Until Next Time,

Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment