Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Porch Plants

Happy 4th of July! We are taking it easy today. 


The boys & I ran into town to pick up some additional fly & mosquito repellent plants. I had been growing basil & dill for a while but had the pot setting on top of our well house. I randomly read an article about basil being a good fly repellent, so I immediately ran outside & moved the basil to the porch! We've had such a struggle with flies outside this summer so I was grateful to find out that something I already had might be helpful. This morning I researched other plants to buy & the boys and I headed to the store to buy some planters & plants to try out. Then we picked up Avery from a sleepover, had a good swim, and headed home to try out our plant purchases. 

We purchased geranium (patterned pot) and rosemary (blue pot)...


Lemon balm (small planter, broad leaf) and lemon thyme (small planter, small leaf)...


(this is a daylilly that Noah & my mother in law bought for me!)



(here's my original basil & dill)...


and Lantana (the shorter flower).


Hopefully the plants will work their natural remedies and dissuade flies & mosquitoes from hanging around our porch. 

Have a great 4th of July and stay safe!


Until Next Time,

Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment