Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic seventh grader, my spunky fifth grader, my second grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, August 5, 2024

Recent Books

I read a few good books this summer, but am showcasing only two below:  Crawdad Hole and My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry.   

I found these books just by perusing the shelves at my local library (not the big branch, but the smaller local branch). Both of the titles stuck out to me so I decided to give them a try. 



My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry was such a sweet book. In fact, I'm envious of anyone who gets to read it for the first time. The emotions I felt at the end were so real! It's an interesting book about a seven year old girl and her grandmother and a whole bunch of wishes and amends. It was a little slow to start, I'll be honest, and it made me question my book choice when it discussed in detail this make-believe world. Don't worry though-- the book didn't fully take place in this make-believe world, but it was referenced and described throughout various sections of the book. Overall, it's a sweet story of redemption and friendship and community. A very refreshing read in this tumultuous time that we live in. 


Crawdad Hole was intriguing to me because it was written about the county I live in! I don't live in that part of the county, but I've been to it and it was fun to read about what life was like in the 1930s. It was a quick read and chronicled a true story of events, which is always fun for me to read. It might not be available in every library or bookstore simply based on it's geographic origin, but if you can find it, I recommend enjoying the journey that is this book. 


These two are definitely keepers and I highly recommend them. I've begun to read A Well Behaved Woman about Alva Vanderbilt but I haven't finished yet and it'll probably require a few library check-outs and renewals until I am finished (it's long and a bit slow). However, I love historical fiction (bonus points for being set in New York City in the 1920s!) so I really would like to read it in its entirety. Fingers crossed. 

Until Next Time, 

Much Love, Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment