Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic kindergartner, my spunky pre-schooler, my newborn baby girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Post-Partum: 2 1/2 Months

So here we are-- post partum for two and a half months.  Lots of things have changed in these past couple of weeks.  I am trying so hard to roll with the punches--and sometimes I don't do so well, but I tell myself that tomorrow will always be better!

On Tuesday March 11, I returned to work.  It took me a couple days to get back in the swing of things and really remember how to do my job! Oh, how I would love to stay at home with my kiddos! Being a mommy is such fun and I yearn to have that be my career someday.  A girl mommy can dream, right? :)

I pump three times a day at work.  My office has supplied a private room for me to pump in.  I was able to bring my mini-fridge to store my milk in during the day.  Having a private room makes it convenient to set up all my pumping stuff and keep it out all day ready to go so that I can make the most of my pumping times.  I pump during my two daily breaks, and for half of my lunch time.  I set my stopwatch to keep track of the time that I've spent away from my desk.  I am allotted two fifteen minute breaks a day and a thirty minute lunch break.  I choose to pump during these designated breaks so that I don't have to stay after work to make up my time.

So far, pumping is going pretty well.  I always wish I was pumping more, but I think that day will come soon enough when I will actually pump the amount I think I should.  Also, there is a lot going on in my life right now, and low pumping volumes can be attributed to that. 

I am having a bit more trouble fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes this time around.  I can't quite fit comfortably into everything.  I know that it will come in time and that I need to be patient.   But I could also use a lesson in self discipline.  I think I am still suffering from "post-gestational diabetic syndrome" (which I totally made up, by the way).  I have NOT been doing a good job in balancing my snacks. My meals, I've done okay in balancing with carbs and protein.  But my snacks-- well, I've still been going a little carb crazy.  Again, a lot is going on in my life right now, and sometimes it's relaxing to sit down and eat a few several Oreos and dunk them in a glass of whole milk (which I used to hate, but have to have on hand now for Michael's sippy cups). I have learned though, that to really enjoy a snack, I must wait until my toddler is asleep so that I don't have to share! :)

I'm still learning how to be a mom to two boys.  The mom dynamic is different now that I've returned to work.  I had gotten into a FABULOUS routine with my boys during my maternity leave, but that has all changed now that I'm back at work.  When I get home, I have to choose which boy to hold first.  I've got to juggle holding my very snuggly 10 week old, while I attempt also to cuddle my very wiggly 19 month old.  I'm doing my best, but I know I could do better each day. 

So.... what is going on in my life that has brought on such change? We are moving! We decided to take the leap to get into the school district that we want our boys to be in.  We moved in with my in-laws as we stage our house to sell.  Hopefully our house will sell quickly and we can start looking at houses to buy! Prayers are appreciated!!!

We did the majority of the moving this past weekend.  However, we still have things to get done.  Aaron and I are trying to be diligent every day to grab a few things from our house on our way home from work.  It has been a blessing to have my mother-in-law watch my boys! Since we are in her house, she doesn't have to get up super early to drive to our house anymore! So, I am able to leave for work a little bit earlier than I normally would when I was at my house since I'd have to wait to leave til she arrived each day.  Obviously.

We are adjusting to living in a new place.  Noah doesn't mind-- but I can't explain the process of moving to Michael and Akuna.  They were quite confused for the first day or so. 

So, what with returning to work, moving, and transitioning to this new phase in life, I am experiencing my share of stress and I'm working hard to manage it.  :) Oreos are a stress reliever.  ;)   And so is living so close to family!

Prayers are highly appreciated during this phase we're going through.  :) Much love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment