Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, October 10, 2014

Noah: 9 Months

*I began writing this on Wednesday October 9, 2014.

My dearest Little Noah,

You are 9 months old today!  You are simply the most precious baby hands down.  You crinkle your nose when you smile and it's the cutest thing.  Just the cutest.  You're a very inquisitive little guy and you furrow your brow when you're trying to figure out how something works.  Your thighs have rolls and are just so super squishy, I can barely stand the cuteness!  These thigh rolls are such a surprise from the baby who had zero rolls at birth and who wore newborn diapers for nearly the entire first month of his life. 

You are quite mobile these days, but in your own way.  Although you are getting better and better at the official version of "crawling" each day, you do have your own system for scooting around on your tummy, and boy are you fast! If I set you down on the living room floor and place two toys on opposite sides of the room, you will decide which toy you want and you will quickly set out on your way to get it.  Your favorite things to go after are, in fact, not toys at all.  If I set my can of Diet Dr. Pepper on the floor, you will scoot yourself in warp speed to get it (you haven't succeeded yet because obviously I pick up the can so you can't grab it).  You also love to go after Akuna's toys, or Michael's shoes, or Michael's sippy cup.  Sometimes, you get to hold onto your very own "sippy cup" and gnaw on the straw.  You think you are so big and your smile totally shows it. :) 

You love to be held.  Let me repeat: YOU LOVE TO BE HELD.  Sometimes, I can set you down to play with some toys while I go stir dinner on the stove, etc, but some days, that's just not the case and you just feel the need to be held all day long.  (Pssst, here's a secret:  I don't really mind it, because I know you'll grow out of it and I won't get those moments back). 

You comfortably wear size 9 month and 12 month clothing, and you are in size 4 diapers.  I recently discovered how many pairs of baby socks I had shoved in Michael's sock drawer.  Needless to say, these days you are rocking some super cute baby socks with your outfits!  :) 

You show no discrimination toward any flavor of baby food.  You very much like to participate in dinner by sitting in your high-chair and sharing giggles and stares with your older brother. You make him laugh with your random bursts of "ahh!" and your baby shourts.  Sometimes, I remind you to "use your inside voice."

Recently, you are waking in the middle of the night around 2:45.  You will chat to yourself until you fall back asleep.  This is totally fine with me, but we will have to have a talk about nighttime volume.  Chatting to yourself at full-voice volume is a little loud for the rest of your family who are trying to sleep.  :)

You drink 5 bottles a day.  Most of the time, I can get you to hold your own bottle at your dinnertime feeding.  I find this to be absolutely fantastic.

You've reached that milestone age where they say that the eye color you currently have will be your eye color for life, and well, baby boy, you've got the prettiest big blue eyes a baby could have.  I'll have to lock our doors tight when the ladies start coming around in several years (read closely: SEVERAL years).  Because, we all know that with your big blue eyes and your dimply cheeks, you'll be quite the charmer. 

You are a sweet, precious boy and I'm excited to see how your personality continues to develop.   I love you more and more and more with each day and I can't imagine our lives without you.  I pray you ask Jesus to be Lord of your life early on so that you can walk with him that much longer.  I pray that you seek Him earnestly and always. 

I love you, precious boy.  Love, Mommy


 















Such a sweet boy. I simply love him to pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment