Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, April 17, 2015

A Link to A Post I Whole-Heartedly Agree With

Happy Friday, Friends!

Below, find a link to a blog I follow.  The link will take you to a post I really agree with.  Sometimes when we tell someone that Michael has diabetes, they reply with a story about how diabetes has affected someone they know.  Sometimes these stories are uplifting stories and sometimes they are not.  Please refrain from sharing your more horrific experiences with diabetes. 

I am capable of crying for my son just because I'm his mom.  I do not need fodder to cry over based on someone else's stories of how horrible diabetes is.  I do research. I do know that we're going to have to fight for a good, healthy future for Michael.  But believe me, I've got my boxing gloves on and I'm ready to fight for that good future.  I don't need to be daily reminded of the horrible wake diabetes can leave.

http://www.d-mom.com/i-already-know-you-dont-have-to-tell-me/



I welcome all stories related to how someone has adapted their lifestyle to include diabetes management, and I welcome all stories depicting how someone has lived a full, successful life despite diabetes.

Until Next Time,

Much love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment