Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Favorites

Hello all! Today, I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Friday Favorites!



We've had quite the busy week, but it's been so fun!

This past weekend, my brother-in-law got married!  The wedding was out of state, so we packed up the boys,  made a Starbucks run, and hit the road!  We stayed in a hotel (call me weird, but I LOVE staying in hotels!!!) and the hotel had an indoor pool!  This was the first time either of my boys have been in a pool.  Michael walked the perimeter of the pool for about 20 minutes before deciding that it was safe to get in if I held him.  Noah chilled out as I held him, and he acted like he could fall asleep!






The boys slept so well for nap time and overnight, that we might a well move into a hotel once our house sells!

The wedding was beautiful.  It was held outdoors at a rustic venue.  Aaron was the best man, and Michael was the ring bearer and did about as well as a 3 year old can do.  I'll include more wedding pictures in an upcoming wedding post.







Aaron's aunt MADE (read: MADE) the wedding cake to include all of the flowers and she matched the teal color perfectly.  Aaron and his family are from the Seattle area, so it's no wonder that my brother-in-law chose an edible Seahawks decal to put on his groom's cake!  Many happy wishes to the new couple!  It was a fantastic weekend to spend with out-of-town family who we already miss so much!

I'm easing into working from home and I love every minute of it.  See what I mean?



This was my lunch "dessert" today.

Another favorite is the organizational fire that Aaron and I are both feeling right now!  We are super motivated to clear the clutter and we started last night with our junk drawer.  Now, it looks like this!




And I'm all about accessories these days.  I have found a few statement necklaces online that I liked pieces of, so when one of the necklaces arrived, I altered it so that it fit my taste a bit more.  This necklace started out with four different chains all attached to the top of the necklace.  It was too busy, but I liked the tassle part of the necklace and I knew I could make it work for me.  So, I used pliers to remove the three chains that I didn't like so much.  Here's the finished product.


Happy Friday, friends!  I hope your weekend is wonderful!  We will be busy with Upwards Flag Football & Cheerleading tomorrow (it's my first time as a Cheer Coach!) and we'll catch up on Auburn football (War Eagle!) and celebrate my father-in-law's birthday!




Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba

1 comment:

  1. What a fun-filled weekend! I think swimming makes every mini-vacation a hit! And those wedding cakes are amazing! I love that necklace too. So cute and will go with everything!

    ReplyDelete