Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Let's Talk: Beauty Routines & Supplies

Today I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for Let's Talk! Today's topic is all about beauty routines and supplies. I love reading any posts about beauty routines because it gives me ideas for new things to try for myself!



I keep it pretty straightforward and simple with my beauty routine.  I use Dove White bar soap.  When I choose to buy body wash, I do choose to go for something with a dual-purpose, like an awesome scent plus exfoliation.  I like the Caress Tahitian Renewal body wash scent the best (and I'm not opposed to store brand either!). 

For my shampoo and conditioner, I usually switch brands or types each time my shampoo runs out.  I like to use John Frieda products when I can.  I've tried the weather-proofing ones and the Sheer Blonde ones.  I like the clean, but simple scent of the Sheer Blonde the best.  I also gravitate towards Herbal Essence.  I've stuck with their originals, for shine and volume, and I've also done some of the newer modern ones for volumizing, frizz control, and I'm currently using the Moroccan My Shine shampoo and conditioner.

For my face, I give it a good scrub with a washcloth while I'm in the shower.  Before applying makeup, I use Clean & Clear moisturizing lotion, which I apply with a cosmetic wedge.  I use a washcloth with very warm water to clean my makeup off my face, and I also use Kirkland Signature facial cleansing wipes. 

My makeup selections are pretty basic.  I use Covergirl Oil Control liquid foundation, Covergirl Oil Control pressed powder, and Covergirl Checkers blush in Pretty Peach.  I use L'Oreal Liquid eye liner, it's a gel liner with a felt tip so it applies very evenly and easily.  I use Maybelline mascara.  I use e. l. f. lip stain in "nude nectar" and then I top it with Burt's Bee's tinted lip balm in "Pink Blossom."

I'm also getting back on track to drinking lots more water during the day.  I include Seltzer Water as part of this.  I'm also cutting back on processed sugars.  No lie, I've given it up for 4 days and I don't crave it nearly as much, and it's not appealing anymore.  My skin definitely looks so much better when I intake the water that I need and when I eat healthier foods. It's a no-brainer, I know, but I totally got off track this last month while we've been hustling to move houses.  I attest that I'm a stress-eater but I'm trying to find better ways of managing that, and part of it is through writing on the blog!

Such a fun link-up today! I can't wait to hear about the routines and supplies of others out there! Happy Monday! PS- it's my birthday today, so I need to go find something tasty to cook for my big extended family coming over tonight! Nothing like the last minute, right? FYI, if you ever want to forget that your birthday is coming up, just move the week before your birthday and you'll have to be reminded by family members that your birthday is still a "thing."

Here's to being 28! May it be the best yet!


Until next time,
Much love, Reba

2 comments: