Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday: Favorite Vacations

Today I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesday!  The topic today is very near and dear to all of our hearts, I'm sure-- Favorite Vacations!


My favorite vacation spot is a place my family has been going back to since before I was a sparkle in my parents' eyes.  For real, though, this place is where my Nana has been vacationing since she was a little girl!  It's the family beach cottage in a quiet little beach town on the Forgotten Coast.

No AC.  No TV.  Simply perfect.  In fact, my husband and I are taking our sons there this very weekend and we are so excited!

Sea oats frame the sugary sand.


Where swimsuits are the uniform,


And herons are a daily sight.


Where the sea and the sky run together,


And the view from the front porch is unbeatable.


Where storms are calming,


And sunrises are too pretty.


 Where puzzles take over tables,


And sunsets are experiences.


Where walking in water is a pastime,


And favorite rooms are extra cozy.


Where God shows His majesty,


And friends gather to find peace.


Where crystal waters lend an ease to photography,


And you feel your best outside.


Where the front door is always ready to open up for family and friends.

This is the beach.


Until next time,
Much love, Reba


2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely. Enjoy your trip this weekend, I hope it's perfect. I know you've been waiting and waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing spot with such wonderful memories you've created with your family!

    ReplyDelete