Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Stranded: Netflix Series

Today, I'm linking up with Shay at Mix and Match Family and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything blog to talk about what three Netflix series we'd like to be able to watch if we were stranded on a desert island.  Any desert island that has TVs and Wifi is okay by me.



My three Netflix series would have to be:

1) Burn Notice
2) Gilmore Girls
3) Royal Pains

 Burn Notice:
If you're going to be stuck on a desert island, you might as well take notes from Michael Westen on how to use ordinary everyday objects to achieve unorthodox uses.  He's pretty much the modern day McGyver.  I've learned lots from his show.  They always seem to make new gadgets and work-arounds from items we'd find lying around any ole place.  Even a desert island.



Gilmore Girls:
Because, who doesn't need some Lorelai humor in their everyday life?  This show would be a nice break from the chaos that I'm sure resonates on a deserted island.  I for one, wouldn't mind daydreaming of the "first snow" as I'm baking under a palm tree.  I could also use the reminder of how wonderful coffee tasted.


Royal Pains:
I consider this show the McGyver of medical necessity.  If you're stranded on a deserted island, you might need to use everyday household objects like a pen, a ziploc bag, and duct tape to perform surgery.  Maybe.  Probably not.  But it's nice to look at all the homes in the Hamptons and dream, right?


So, there you have it.  My top three Netflix series that I would binge-watch if stranded on a desert island.  All educational.  All humorous, yet realistic at the same time.



Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba


4 comments:

  1. I've never seen Burn Notice or Royal Pains. Should I start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choices are so practical! I hope you would share the skills you learn with the rest of us ;)

    ReplyDelete