Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, March 10, 2017

Baby Update


We are at the 15 week mark!  I really can’t believe how fast this pregnancy is going!  Our next appointment in one month will be the one where we’ll (hopefully) find out the gender of Baby P3! 

 

At my appointment yesterday, Baby P3 had a heartrate of 163!  This is right on target with every heartbeat we’ve heard thus far:  155 at the first appointment (week 7), 162 at week 11, and 163 this week.  I am thinking we might be paving the way for a girl!  But I’ll be just as happy with a boy! The appointment to find out the gender is always my favorite. 

 

I’ve felt a few flutters and “popcorn pops” and am excited to continue to feel the kicks and jabs stronger and stronger as the weeks go on.



 

How far along?  15 weeks, 2 days


Total weight gain: +3lbs


Maternity clothes: YES!  The only type of pants or shorts I can wear are maternity or stretchy waistbands.  I can barely squeeze my belly into regular t-shirts, so I’ll be on the lookout for enough maternity shirts to last the remainder of the pregnancy.  My mom was so sweet and bought me a couple of maternity shirts at Belk two weeks ago and those have gotten a good run through my rotation!


Stretch marks?  Yes.  I had stretch marks with both pregnancies prior.  This time, those have returned, and some new ones have moved in as well.  Stretch marks do not bother me because they show that my body was a home to my babies.  They are my “mommy stripes.”


Sleep:  Very difficult these days, but that’s mainly due to a snoring husband and not so much due to inability to sleep due to pregnancy.  I have found a comfortable position each night, and I have absolutely zero trouble falling asleep—it’s the staying asleep that is an issue.  Most nights I move out to the couch so I can sleep without added noise. *wink* I am treasuring the days that I can still lie on my back to sleep.  I have three weeks of this left, and then I have to abandon that position for a few months.


Best moment this week: Hearing Baby’s heartbeat on the Doppler!


Have you told family and friends? Oh yes.  And strangers even ask me when I’m due.  No one really even questions if I’m pregnant.  They all just want to know when I’m due.


Miss anything?  I miss sushi and coffee.  Aaron ordered a new kind of K-cup and it smells so smooth!  He’s not a big coffee drinker, and he says it tastes smooth and isn’t overpowering or acidic.  I am looking forward to having a cup of that this fall.  I am also a big sushi fan.  I like all types of sushi and sashimi.  When I can’t stand the craving anymore, I find a shrimp roll or crab roll since those types of rolls have to be cooked.  I am looking forward to the day when I can have a tuna roll or salmon roll again.


Food cravings:  This week I’ve wanted salty things, peanut butter, and *sigh* sweets.  I’m trying to curb the sweet cravings because I don’t want to ruin my 15lb weight gain goal.


Anything making you queasy or sick:  The smell of chicken cooking.


Have you started to show yet:  Most definitely.  I’ve found a picture of me when I was pregnant with Michael at 17 weeks and I hardly had a bump. This 15-week bump I’m sporting now could rival a 20-week bump on someone else.


Gender:  We will find out next month!


Labor signs: No.  Good thing.


Belly button in or out: Halfway out.


Wedding rings on or off:  Off unfortunately.  My mom looked at my hands two weeks ago and said I probably needed to think about taking off my rings.  I remembered to do so about five days after that.  Now I wear them on a necklace.


Happy or moody most of the time:  Most of the time, I’d say I was happy.  I do have my moody moments and get sad or teary very quickly.


Looking forward to:  Finding out Baby’s gender and shopping at the consignment sale!

 

 

Until Next Time,

Much love, Reba

2 comments:

  1. I like your mindset about stretch marks! I'm hoping for a girl for you just a little :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will you & Dan find out? Or are you going to be surprised when your baby comes?

      Delete