Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, March 24, 2017

Random Goals



  • Nail down Baby names.  We find out gender in less than two weeks!
  • Hang up the pictures that I’ve been stacking in the Master bedroom (either in the Master bedroom or Master bathroom or hallway)
  • Having the dining room painted (either bright teal on the lower half of the chair rail, or a very neutral and very light beige) 
  • Having kitchen painted a bright white.  Obviously, with this goal and the one above it, I’ve decided the rooms in my home are too brown.
  • Get into a regular cleaning schedule at the house.  I’m pretty good with dishes and laundry and cleaning out the fridge.  But I could do better at cleaning the kitchen and the bathrooms and vacuuming all bedrooms.
  • Clean the clutter around our bed.  This is mainly Aaron’s thing and he keeps mentioning it.  I’d like to have a very minimalist bedroom.  They say “The state of your bed is the state of your head” and I firmly believe that.  I make my bed each day. It helps me feel more pulled together. If all the clutter was cleared away and the extra items around our bed were put away, I’d feel so much better and would have more room for the pack-and-play for Baby.
  • Change the clothes in the boys’ dresser from winter items to summer items.
  • Get the wide bookshelf from my mom’s house to use as toy storage in the boys’ room rather than the basket we’re currently using now. Having their toys displayed in front of them would make it easier for them to be able to play with each toy, and will hopefully cause less of a mess instead of their current “dump everything out of the basket onto the closet floor” method for finding toys.  This will also make it easier for me to see what toys they’ve outgrown so I can either store them for Baby or consign them.
  • Gather up clothes I’m not consigning and take them to the thrift store (these include things with stains that won’t come out, and that the consignment sale won’t take). 
  • Sort through my shoes and add no-longer-worn pairs to the thrift store pile
  • Inventory our pantry and freezer (refrigerator freezer and deep freezer) in order to throw out what’s expired and see what meals I can create based on what we have, so that I only have to buy basics (milk, eggs, bread, yogurt) at the grocery store and save money.
  • Drink 10 glasses of water each day. I think lack of enough water in my day might be the source of some of the headaches I’ve had.
  • Commit to either doing my pregnancy work-out DVD daily, or doing the 4-mile walking DVD that my mother-in-law is letting me borrow.  
  • Restock Michael’s prize bag for CGM changes
  • Commit to potty-training Noah completely!
  • Replace windshields on both cars.  Both of them have several starbursts that are connecting rapidly.
Here's to a relaxing weekend (hopefully!)  Aaron has soccer practice and a soccer game tomorrow.  I have a  bridal shower to attend (if the weather cooperates).  Hopefully we'll find time to go to the grocery store sometime!

Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba


1 comment:

  1. So much to do! But having a list is always the best place to start. Also, I agree about the bed. It must be made, daily, otherwise all of life is chaotic.

    ReplyDelete