Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, October 6, 2017

20 Fall Questions

I got this idea from A Little Bit of Everything blog, and she got the idea from The Blended Blog.  I thought it looked fun, so here goes!

Favorite Fall Sweet Treat?
I think fall flavored pies-- pecan pie (my dad makes a really good one!), pumpkin pie (just a small piece at Thanksgiving).  I can always go for a classic chocolate chip cookie and cup of coffee.  


Red, Yellow, or Green Apples?
Red, I suppose.  Gala is my favorite so that's kind of a red/yellow mix?  Green apples are best for baking, though.


Favorite Fall Sport to Play?
I'm not really a playing sports girl, but if I had to choose one of my favorite sports to actually play it would be Ultimate Frisbee.  I actually almost took this as a 1-hr course credit class at Auburn. 


Best Drink for Fall?
Salted Caramel Mocha hot from Starbucks.  I wish this was available year round. 


 Favorite Fall Activity?

Shopping at the consignment sale for my kiddos, and picking out their Halloween costumes and Christmas pajamas!  Trick-or-treating with them is pretty adorable too and this year we have a baby to parade!  Michael's kindergarten class is performing this month and he will be wearing a costume!  I can't wait to hear their little songs and watch their sweet performance.  


Must Have Fall Purchase?
Booties.  I think I've purchased a pair each fall for the last 2 years.  This year's version are VERY tight, so I will be stretching them out with some ideas I've rounded up on Google.  What did we do before Google??? Look up in an Encyclopedia "How to stretch out leather/suede booties" ?!? So far I've tried wearing super thick socks and then blowdrying my feet while wearing the booties.  That didn't work so well. The next trick is to put zip lock bags of water in the shoe and then freeze it knowing that the water will expand once it becomes ice. 


Pumpkin-Pick Your Own or Store Bought?
Store bought.  The "pie pumpkins" in the produce section are pretty cheap, and perfect for little kid hands to hold.  Buying a pumpkin from a patch equals paying for the patch's rate of inflation.  We use "pie pumpkins" for photo shoots.



Real or Fake Pumpkin?
I guess I prefer real so that I don't have to store them til the next year. 


Favorite Halloween Costume?
Michael was a baby tiger for his first Halloween, and Noah was a pumpkin for his first.  It's hard to beat the baby costumes. :)  I'm thinking Avery might be a cabbage patch doll, but we'll see.  





College Football or NFL?
College Football-- Auburn Tigers all the way.  War Eagle!



Fall or Halloween Decor?
Fall decor.  Although we let the boys trick or treat (something I didn't do while growing up), we don't decorate our house for Halloween.  I choose to decorate for fall and that way, the decor can stay up through the month of November. 




Raking Leaves or No Leaves to Rake?
We do not have any leaves to rake.  Yay!



Favorite Soup?
Crock pot chili with a pan of sweet cornbread. 



Favorite Fall Candle Scent?
Cinnamon Sugared Donut from Bath and Body Works.  This must be a scent only available last year because I can't find it on their site this year.  



Love or Hate Pumpkin Spice?
Actually, I don't like it.  I wouldn't say "hate" but it's certainly not a favorite.  I used to love it, but as time went on, it just didn't interest me anymore.  I'm so glad Starbucks came out with different fall flavors. 


Short Booties or Tall Boots?
Short booties.  My legs are short, so wearing tall boots make my legs look stumpy and who wants that?




Favorite Halloween Candy?
Reese's pumpkins! 



Pumpkin Spice Latte-Yes or No?
No. See above. 



Hayride or Corn Maze?
Hayride.  Kids get the biggest kick out of these and I think it's so funny!  We usually have a trailer with hay bales attached to the back of our church's tractor, and kids ride on the trailer during our fall festival.  Even if the kids can clearly see that the tractor drives around the property and comes right back to the starting point, they don't care.  They just enjoy the ride and that's what makes it fun to see through the eyes of a parent. 




Favorite Fall TV Show?
Person of Interest.  It seems to be cold in many of the episodes so it fits in with the fall/winter time line.  I like curling up under a comfy blanket and binge watching this show on Netflix. 



Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment