Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Friday, March 30, 2018

Avery: 7 Months

Avery turned 7 months old on Tuesday March 20th!  I took these pictures on Sunday and am just posting them now.  We had a crazy weekend (that post will be forth-coming), so it’s taking some time for me to get back in the swing of things.

At her 4 month check up she weighed 13.1 pounds and was 24 inches tall.  She had her 6 month check-up in February where she weighed 15 pounds 10 ounces, and was 26 inches tall.  She is in the 50th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference.  She won’t have her next well-check-up until she’s 9 months old, so I’m guessing that her current weight is between 16 and 17 pounds.

Clothing: Avery is in 6-9 month clothing across the board—onesies, pajamas, shorts, dresses, pants.  We’ve had quite the gauntlet of weather this past month, so she’s been able to wear long sleeve onesies and pants, and sleeveless dresses, and also baby shorts!  The sleeves on long-sleeve onesies and pajamas are too long, but everything else fits well.  







Diapers: She's still very comfortably in size 2.    

Sleeping:  She’s doing pretty well in the overnight sleep department, and lacking in her naptimes.  She’ll go about 6 hours between her last feeding before bed, and when she wakes to be fed.  Sometimes I actually go in and wake her to feed since I’d be approaching (or past) the point of being uncomfortable.  Usually, I’ll feed her anywhere between 5:00 and 6:00pm, then she’ll need just a top-off somewhere between 7:30-8:30, at which point she’ll finally go to sleep after much crying and talking herself to sleep.  I’ll wake up (or she’ll wake up) around 2:00am for her next feed.  Last night I tried feeding her at 10:30 in the hopes that she’d make it to 4:30 or 5:00, but she woke at 2:00 anyhow.  Tonight I think I’ll just try to pump at 10:30 or 11:00.  I sneak in her room around 5:00-5:30 each morning to feed her before I start work.  She’ll usually (99% of the time) fall right back to sleep and sleep until 7:00-7:45 (it’s been on the 7:45 end of that spectrum recently!).

Feeding: She LOVES veggies (yellow/orange variety is preferred) and hates fruit.  For the daughter of a mom & dad who both have a sweet tooth, this is odd to us! :)  But, we’ve absolutely noticed that she much prefers veggies over fruits.  She’ll eat a whole container of veggies but might only get to the halfway point on a container of fruit.  We’ll be trying out the baby food version of meat in the form of “chicken and vegetables” sometime this week.  In her bottles, she’ll take 4-5ounces if she’s not eating some type of food at the same feeding.  If she’s eating food (lunchtime or dinnertime), she’ll take about 2-3 ounces in a bottle.  This is what we’re noticing when she’s at my mother-in-law’s house.  I don’t know how much she consumes at home because she won’t accept a bottle from me, so I still just nurse her.

Tummy Time:  She’s doing well in this department and is consistently working on learning to crawl.  She can definitely get from point A to point B.  Usually by a form of modified crawling and rolling.  She’s not too great at sitting up unattended, so we practice this a lot.  Most of the time, I believe, she’d prefer to be held, so she just contorts herself until she falls into me and flips herself over to where she’s holding onto me at which point I pick her up—so she wins, and she knows it.   




Habit:  She has already reached the point where she will seek out a toy or fuzz that she’s not supposed to have and will tummy-scoot/modified-crawl/roll to get to the object.  She gave us a scare on Tuesday evening when we thought she just spit-up on the floor, and as I went to pick her up, she projectile vomited everywhere, and out popped a wad of fuzz.  I didn’t know that she was already at the “scrutinizing stage” where her mission is to get to an object and put it in her mouth.  I knew the day was coming; I just didn’t know it had arrived.  Needless to say, she’s watched like a hawk now, and the boys have had another talking-to about how it’s game-time now and toys have to be picked up off the floor.  The last thing we need is for her to get ahold of a LEGO man head or other toy parts.   



Oh, Avery, you bring such joy to everyone around you!  We love you so!











Until Next Time, 
Much love, Reba




1 comment: