Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Beach Trip

It should go without saying that we didn’t attempt a beach trip in the summer of 2017 since Avery was due at the end of August.  In the previous summer, we managed to go twice—Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend—and we ate.it.up.  We loved it.  The boys loved it.  We took both sets of my in-laws (one on Memorial Day, one on Labor Day).  (Side note for those who might be new:  this beach cottage sits in the panhandle of Florida in the most delightful beach town.  The cottage is owned by my Nana [her family owned it as a girl] and we’ve been vacationing there forever.  Aaron & I had our honeymoon there, and have wanted to go back and visit and finally made it work in 2012 and then in 2016.  It’s our goal to go multiple times a summer from here on out.  But, the reason why we brought my in-laws each time and not my parents is because my parents have been before since it was our family vacation spot). 

So it’s been nearly a year and a half since we were able to go to the beach and I’ve been aching to get back down there.  We knew we were going to go over Memorial Day weekend this year, and hopefully Labor Day, and hopefully on another weekend somewhere in between.  Heck, we’d live down there in the summer if we could make it work and Noah & Aaron somehow developed mosquito immunity.  

On a whim, I looked at Michael’s spring break schedule and decided to ask Aaron if he was craving a trip to the beach as much as I was.  We also thought we’d offer to “open up” the cottage for the year—meaning get it prepared for use throughout the rest of spring and summer by de-winterizing it.  My grandparents are so gracious and are actually going to meet us there in late March to help us see what goes into opening it up.  This means we get hands on training, and get in a visit with them too! 

We told the boys where we’re going and they’re pumped!  Michael is going to add to his shell collection (currently, he has a grand total of zero shells, so any shell will be a great addition). :) Noah is going to sit and watch the fans (he’s mesmerized by the huge fans in the cottage).  

We plan to eat lots of seafood (via restaurant and cooking some ourselves since Aaron found a great place to buy it!).  
We plan to build sand castles (the water might be too cold to swim in since it’ll be March).  
We plan to take walks (coated with bug spray since that’s just how we have to do things).  
We plan to play board games (the cottage is fully stocked!).  
We plan to relax (rocking chairs overlooking the ocean anyone?).  
We plan to nap (fingers crossed).  We plan to just have a really great family time.
We’ll bake muffins for breakfast one day.  
We’ll go to my favorite grocery store in the whole world.  
We’ll attempt to play mini golf one early afternoon.  
We’ll go to a nearby beach town and walk along the pier.  I’m just so gosh darn excited about going to the beach cottage!

Until next time,

Much love, Reba


2 comments:

  1. HAVE FUN!! I'm jealous as we sit in the remnants of yet another snow storm. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you as I heard the northeast was getting another round of snow. I know you're aching for spring. I pray it gets here soon.

    ReplyDelete