Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

A Painting Spree

Back in March, I decided I wanted to use my time wisely since I was going to be at home for weeks on end.  I chose to focus on choosing a paint color for Avery's room that added more of a "calm, beach atmosphere."  Aaron and I love the color of our bathroom so much (Sherwin Williams "Sea Salt") that we kind of wanted that same color family in her room since a lot of her decor is beachy and this will be used as our guest room as well as her bedroom.  We chose to find a color in the gray/green family.  It took me well over a month to pick a color, but I did eventually settle on one.  However, I still haven't painted her room.  My mother-in-law loves to paint, so she's going to help me and I've just been waiting for the right time to do it.  Avery has large pieces of furniture in her room, so it takes a bit of planning to get things going.  I have used various different paint brands throughout my home since buying it four years ago.  We've used Sherwin Williams and Valspar and some other brand that I can't remember right now.  This time, however, I chose to go with Behr Premium Marquee after my mother-in-law was able to paint a light gray over a bright neon green with just one coat in her home back in March.  I settled on "Arid Plains" for Avery's room (again, haven't actually painted in there yet), but I figured while I was buying paint for her room I should buy paint for the boys' room also since they have certainly left their mark on the walls over these last few years.  I chose to stick with the gray family in their room also and chose "Chic Gray."  Since their room has light pieces of furniture, I was able to move everything and paint it by myself over the course of a few days in May.  I'd paint a little bit each day and gave myself lots of grace while doing it.  It was a boredom buster for me and helped me feel productive at a time that could have easily been overly depressing.  Here's some photos I took in their room this morning.  These were taken without the curtains being opened, so the lighting is not the best.  I'm just so so in love with this color that I'm kind of debating painting my living room this same color later on this year.





It was so helpful to me to know that I would only have to do one coat.  After it was finished, I was so inspired by the color and loved the turnout so much that I decided to paint our hall bathroom in the course of one evening.  I taped up all furniture items (cabinet, wall shelf) and sides of the tub and towel holders and went to town.  It was a quick job and again, it only took one coat.  It used up the rest of the paint perfectly and I love love love how it turned out!





So up next will be Avery's room, which is a darker gray with a little more of a green tint.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Until Next Time,
Much Love, Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment