Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Sunday, July 4, 2021

4th of July Fruit Parfaits

Happy Independence Day! We are SO excited for the 4th of July and are grateful for our freedoms & for those who sacrificed for us. This is truly a great country and we're blessed to be here. We are prayerful that God will move in the hearts of our fellow citizens & bring back His virtues into the framework of our country.  

We are celebrating pretty well today with some swimming, good food & lots of red, white, and blue! Last year, I whipped up these fruit parfaits & the kids LOVED them! Michael has requested that I make them again for the 4th of July and I'm totally down with that. The recipe is really easy and ingredients are easy ones to add to a grocery order! We followed the recipe shown on this site: https://hellolittlehome.com/mixed-berry-mini-trifles/

Ingredients:

Strawberries (I used about a cup of strawberries cut into slices. I did not add sugar to them)

Blueberries (about a cup)

Cream cheese, one 8 oz. block, softened.

1/4 c powdered sugar

1/4 c milk 

Dash of vanilla extract

Pound cake (already baked. I used two to three slices cut into cubes. You could make a homemade one 【we used this recipe】or use a store-bought fresh or frozen one.)

6 small glass jars 


Directions:

Mix cream cheese & powdered sugar until smooth. Add in milk and vanilla extract and stir til blended. 

In a small glass jar, add in some cake cubes, then some cream cheese mixture.



Lay some strawberry slices on top of the cream cheese mixture, and add some more cake pieces. 

Layer on some more cream cheese mixture and finish by adding blueberries to the top.



 

Put them in the fridge to chill for a bit before serving. 

That's it!





What are your go-to desserts for 4th of July celebrations?


Until Next Time,

Much Love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment