Welcome!

Welcome to a piece of our sweet journey of life. This blog is about our family life-- my husband, my type 1 diabetic sixth grader, my spunky fourth grader, my first grader little girl, and myself! Enjoy!

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Denim Jacket

I'm probably the last to jump aboard the denim jacket campaign, but better late than never!  This spring, I am completing my internship at a high school and wear business or business casual clothes everyday. The classroom I'm in can fluctuate in temperature several times during a class period and I learned early on to always wear a sweater. However, my only sweaters are a deep pink color and a printed blue sweater. These color combos only go so far.

Since the weather down here in the South is flirting with summer temperatures, I have shopped my closet to find dresses to wear to school.  To be school appropriate, the dress cannot rise more than 6 inches above my knee-- with short legs, this is fairly simple to abide by.  So most of my dresses are long enough for the dress code, but they are sleeveless.  These dresses also don't go very well with a pink or blue sweater. I searched for a while for a denim jacket to help out with this.  I have a very tight budget right now since the internship is unpaid, so I couldn't shell out $70 for a jacket.

I turned to my budget friendly places like Target and Walmart. Although I found options at both, I ended up ordering this jacket online from Walmart. It was the color scheme I wanted (normal denim blue as opposed to light or dark wash), it wasn't cropped or distressed, it didn't have weird silhouettes on the buttons, and it was under $20!

I chose the "ship to store" option, and it arrived to the store in 2 days with no shipping charge. I downloaded the Walmart app so I could alert them when I was en route, and they had the jacket ready for me when I arrived.

If I just hold up the jacket, it feels heavy, but it doesn't feel heavy when I'm actually wearing it. It has a bit of stretch in it which I appreciate in a jacket.  It's not stiff, which is also a major plus.  I roll the sleeves once to create a 3/4 sleeve and it's perfect for keeping me warm in class and also providing a great neutral cover up for my sleeveless dresses!

Today, I even wore it with a blue blouse and printed maxi skirt. It serves the purpose of adding an extra later to my outfits while bringing in a slightly casual element to my clothes. I'm really glad I finally jumped on the denim jacket trend!






Until Next Time,
Much love, Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment